will my tummy ever look normal again?

babyfromgod

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
I am really worried that my tummy will never look normal again, my friend showed me her tummy the other day and it was saggy and wrinkley and she had her baby a few months ago and my mums tummy is the same. I am worried i am not going to like my body ever again.

So my question is for the ladies that have had babies did your tummy go back to looking somewhat normal after 6 months or so after the birth?

Most women will not look the same after, sorry, especially if your mom had marks/saggy skin.

I had a near 6 pack before, worked out daily even in the gym at 40 weeks, but I had bad stretchmarks and saggy skin (mostly above the belly button which poked out - so it now sags over).

It will take time, it's hard, but it will be worth it.

Thanks. It will definately all be worth it in the end. I guess i don't expect to go back to having a tight flat stomach but would like to not have the excess skin with the flabb. All i can do is exercise and eat healthy once bubs is here and use stretchmark cream

My mum had had three sets of twins and she looks great, obviously after kids we wont be exactly the same but we can still be sexy. Otherwise where would the term MILF come from.
:)

I have no expectations of ever having my tummy lok the same, even if i lose the weight the stretch marks will never go away, i am resigned to it.

mine looked normal after my son within weeks but back then i was 16 lol

Now im nearly 26yo im hoping for that luck again.. I still have no strech marks...

My mums after 4 kids is back to normal to. No strech marks :)

You can get these special bands and you should really wear one as soon as you give birth to get the benifit, my mum did this and as i said three sets of twins later she looks great. Even wears a two piece when we went on holiday this year
:wacko:

mine went back to normal after birth, not straight after but , i remember looking after she came out it didnt look too good, but its amazing how quickly your belly shrinks after birth.

but 2 babys in 2 years im wondering if i will be as lucky this time, i think it might take a little work this time around.

keep slappin on the stretch mark cream :)

You can get these special bands and you should really wear one as soon as you give birth to get the benifit, my mum did this and as i said three sets of twins later she looks great. Even wears a two piece when we went on holiday this year
:wacko:

intresting , what bands do you mean?

I think they are special kinds of soft corsets that stop you from sagging i will have to ask her because she is intending on buying one for me anyway :)
https://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Get-Your-Flat-Stomach-Back-After-Pregnancy---The-Belly-Wrap-Secret

Some info there hun i just looked it up :)

^^^Hun, your mom is one of the very very lucky ones, and you probably will be too!^

It all depends on your genes, and if you don't have the greatest genes and have great collagen in your skin, trust me there is NOTHING out there except plastic surgery to make things the same as before. I'm pregnant with twins, 36 weeks, and I started getting stretch marks at 30 weeks. Now they are from my pubic bone to above my belly button. I've spent $$$$$ on trying to prevent them since I found out I was pregnant. I used cellex-c on my belly to help with collagen, used expensive belly cream, dry skin brush for exfoliation, used glycolic acid cream to remove dead skin, used all natural oils, shea butter and cocoa butter! Also took fish oil, extra vitamin C, collagen pills, extra zinc, plus a homeopathic for stretching!!!! I remember my mom's belly was also very scarred, and both sisters got stretch marks. Now, their belly's may not be what they were before, but they aren't saggy, they did tone back up. Hope mine does! What I'm saying is it's not impossible to avoid saggy skin and stretch marks, but MOST women get it. I tried everything possible and still got them:(

Everyone is very different, you might get it, you might not, either way it's not your fault what you were dealt, it's luck of the draw. You just gotta go with the flow. I was so upset, and honestly still am about all the stretch marks...but then I think...oh well, I wasn't exactly running around in a bikini before!!!

^^^Hun, your mom is one of the very very lucky ones, and you probably will be too!^

It all depends on your genes, and if you don't have the greatest genes and have great collagen in your skin, trust me there is NOTHING out there except plastic surgery to make things the same as before. I'm pregnant with twins, 36 weeks, and I started getting stretch marks at 30 weeks. Now they are from my pubic bone to above my belly button. I've spent $$$$$ on trying to prevent them since I found out I was pregnant. I used cellex-c on my belly to help with collagen, used expensive belly cream, dry skin brush for exfoliation, used glycolic acid cream to remove dead skin, used all natural oils, shea butter and cocoa butter! Also took fish oil, extra vitamin C, collagen pills, extra zinc, plus a homeopathic for stretching!!!! I remember my mom's belly was also very scarred, and both sisters got stretch marks. Now, their belly's may not be what they were before, but they aren't saggy, they did tone back up. Hope mine does! What I'm saying is it's not impossible to avoid saggy skin and stretch marks, but MOST women get it. I tried everything possible and still got them:(

Everyone is very different, you might get it, you might not, either way it's not your fault what you were dealt, it's luck of the draw. You just gotta go with the flow. I was so upset, and honestly still am about all the stretch marks...but then I think...oh well, I wasn't exactly running around in a bikini before!!!

Oh gosh, i agree you cant prevent strech marks but the band does help with sagging my mum had one and my aunty didnt and you can really tell the difference. But of course it will never be exactly the same again. We can still be hot though everyone has stretch marks.
:flower:

I think a lot of it comes down to genes. Some get it worse than others - some don't even look like they have had a baby within months after the birth.
I am in the middle personally, have a little flab -- not too much different.

I already have a saggy, stretchmarked tummy from being very overweight then losing 20kg just before I got pregnant.

Even now at 28 weeks the skin is still loose and gross! I am used to it though.

A lot of depends on what kind of skin you have, your genetics and all that.

I think a lot of it comes down to genes. Some get it worse than others - some don't even look like they have had a baby within months after the birth.
I am in the middle personally, have a little flab -- not too much different.

Im the same i arent a supper skinny person, im actually large framed but ive always worked out so thats why im not overweight, although im more suseptable to someone thin with a quick motabolism.
:thumbup:

It totally depends, everyone is different.
I expected to have lots of saggy skin etc but I actually just look a little bloated.

Here's me two days ago at 5 days PP, I am pretty shocked by how much it has gone down.
https://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab97/donna_xoxo/IMG000290.jpg

Yeah i read about those bands, they are quite expensive though but i think i may invest in one

I expected to have lots of saggy skin etc but I actually just look a little bloated.

Here's me two days ago at 5 days PP, I am pretty shocked by how much it has gone down.

You look great!!
I imagine you will be back to normal in no time, you are by no means saggy
:hugs:

Yeah i read about those bands, they are quite expensive though but i think i may invest in one

I know but it really is worth the ultimate benifit, and better than paying hundreds for a gym placement.

wow you look great! I would definately be happy to look like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"