-x- Becoming Mrs O'Sullivan 11.02.17 -x-

Charlotteee

Married Mum/Stepmum of 4
Reaction score
So I thought I would start one of these now i'm getting well into the planning :)

Our colour scheme is cadbury purple :)

This is what is currently booked

Church - Our vicinity catholic church.

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/LAN/Livesey/StPeter.jpg

Venue - Mytton Fold. Same as Smileyfaces :)
22013_934020173323497_8519603927007000859_n.jpg

12011170_960468214012026_5035619479889210070_n.jpg

Photographer - Kerry Woods. She won the North West Wedding award for photographer, she is absolutely amazing!! Stole these off her facebook page (public) for you to see how good she is.
11892141_1637929756474669_1582790435466041834_n.jpg

12144727_1654992684768376_2049185285633207686_n.jpg

Hair - Sam Gateley

Wedding Dress - Mori Lee 5368 <3 <3 love love love. This went way over my budget but hey ho, you only get married once (hopefully)

Wedding Hoop bought. I've also bought a veil, it looked lovely in the pictures but I hate it, I've seen some lovely ones on pre-loved for £20, cathedral length too so will keep my eye open next year.

I've just got all the stuff to start making our invites, I'm making pocket-folds so I'm just making the "shell" for now. I will document how I've made them :)

Got a quote for DJ and Photobooth (still toying with whether or not to have Photobooth as it's £400 just for that eeek but we would love one)

And we are going to look at wedding cars on the 5th December :)

I'm loving wedding planning!!

Also we've decided where we are going for hen do - we are going to Dublin!! And although we get married in Feb we are going at the end of September because I don't want people to skint themselves so close to xmas.

Will try and update as and when I can :) xx

So today my ribbon arrived for my invites and I've ordered two stamps to use on them!! Here's the stamps. Hope they look ok. They should arrive next week then hopefully next weekend I will be able to make my first pocketfold!!

Attachments

• IMG_20151031_104855.jpg
    IMG_20151031_104855.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
My All you need is love stamp arrived today, i forgot to order an acrylic block so i went and visited the engineers at work and they've made me something up which is just as good and should work a treat!! :) :)

Went to a wedding fair yesterday with my friend which was lovely. She isn't a bridesmaid because I can't afford it, but I would love for her to be and she knows that, I might ask her to be a witness at the register signing and still buy her a small gift to let her know how much I've appreciated her coming to wedding fairs and putting up with me for two years haha.

There was a mind reading magician on and oh my word he was absolutely fantastic!! If we could afford it we would be booking him, bit gutted really that we can't afford it but just keep thinking all that matters is us getting married!! xxx

Booked our photobooth, i had a quote for £400 from one company, but i've gone with a company who have a very different type of photo booth for £300 for 3 hours (including a free guestbook)

They're called bubbly booths, and the link to their website is here.

I love how different the photobooth is and that we can have them put a purple light in there which will match with out colour scheme :)

The only thing i'm a little concerned with is she doesn't want a deposit, just pay on the night?? They seem legit, my friend has used them and they're on facebook etc. Just seems strange not taking a deposit? xx

Errr in a right pickle now.

I&#8217;ve just spoke to the venue and they&#8217;ve said there&#8217;s 41 rooms available out of 43 for the night of the wedding.

The rooms only go on the website a year before the day but anyone can ring and book, now I&#8217;m worrying with it being valentines weekend that they&#8217;re going to get booked before I send out invites 3 months before.

I don&#8217;t know whether to send save the dates out and put details on there of rooms maybe a year before even though we had originally said no save the dates??

I know that my guests will fill the hotel but I didn&#8217;t want people booking so far in advance and similarly don&#8217;t want people to miss out on a room?!?!?!

Subscribing! I'm gonna reply properly soon but just a quick one to encourage save the dates!!! I think they are important!

So here is the front and inside of my first "mock" invite. Think we are going to scrap the All you need is love stamp as it really doesn't go with the rest of the invite. I need to add the purple glitter card on the middle page inside but I don't have much of that so i'm not wasting it on a mock invite lol

Not sure how to have the front now, I think i'm just going to leave it with the ribbon maybe.

So i'm currently looking into another DIY project. These are £6 in hobbycraft

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/supplyimages/612863_1000_1_340.jpg

I'm thinking of painting them purple then covering with purple glitter and having them on the top table infront of me and Andrew in the day then move onto the table that will have guestbook and card postbox etc on at night.

And speaking of guestbook we are thinking of maybe having a Jenga set up and ask the guests to take a piece and sign and pop into a bowl, then we can rebuild the day after and read them etc.
images

We have also decided to do save the dates which will be sent out in february asking everyone to book hotel rooms too if they want one as we went to the wedding venue on Sunday, and when speaking to the hotel they said the people booking rooms the saturday night are guests from the wedding happening on Sunday!!

But we also booked our room decorations too :)

Attachments

• Outside.jpg
    Outside.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 7
Lovely invites :)

Yes ask people to book asap. My wedding is a Sunday and a lot of our guests are booking the Saturday night as well as the Sunday night!

I figure a year should be ok shouldn't it. And i've clicked it's technically valentines weekend that weekend so plenty of couples might book for a dirty night away lmao xxx

Ok so yesterday my venue had a wedding fair on so I popped up to have a nosy.
Managed to get them to block book me twenty rooms so that I can tell day guests to book, saves me having to do a save the date. I'm just going to send individual facebook messages to them.

On the booking front, we have our wedding car :happydance:
It's an absolute steal at £195, with flowers in the car, ribbon of our colour scheme, they will take bridesmaids to the church then come back for me and dad. We get Champagne too and it's run by a couple who bought the cars and did them up so i'm helping a local business who don't charge an absolute fortune!!
It's a Rover 100 we are using.
https://memorableweddingcars.co.uk/images/homepage4.jpg

I'm also booking the DJ today. It's a company called Fun Leisure and they charge £250 which is really good, they are more than a DJ. I know the owner of the company and he is brilliant so just need to pay £50 deposit for that :)

It's all very exciting, its 13 months today until the wedding.

I can't believe your's is next month!! Come around so fast!! Are you excited?? xx

I'm just stressed with all the last minute things to do/things to pay! But hopefully it should be worth it :D

So I'm currently trying to plan my hen do!!

I want to go abroad for some sunshine so whilst it's still warm we are going to go for three nights 22nd September-25th September.

We were looking at Lloret De Mar but i've been told the nightlife has died a death and isn't as good as it used to be.

We then looked at Salou but it's too expensive to fly into Reus Airport and to transfer from Barcelona will take 2 1/2 hours.

So we then tried Benidorm - £350 each all inclusive so quite steep.

So now i'm on Palma Nova which is £230 each for three nights brilliant flight times and is 5 minutes in a taxi to Maga if we want crazy nightlife.
Hopefully there won't be loads of crazy students out there shagging in the streets because we will be just about end of season.

But Palma Nova is winning!!!

I went to Magaluf for mine :lol: it's a real good laugh! We stayed at TRH Magaluf hotel it's really good and it's cheap too. We went Friday to Monday.

Ps) sept 25th is my bday!

Oooo i probably won't remember when i'm flying home very hungover :lol:

Ok thanks that's great to know, some of the girls have suggested Ibiza and said they've found cheap flights but the flights i've found with decent times have been really dear!! xx

Well what a cerfuffle!!

The DJ i was going to book had put the price up by £100!!

So i've found one who is really good, lots of good reviews and Andrews brother knows him for £260 and he's also given me a photobooth for three hours for £265, so my other photobooth the lady didn't want a deposit so i've cancelled that one. We get an attendant and lots of props and we get a book with all the pictures in and a USB and the guests get a photo each too.

I'm getting really excited, i almost feel like i'm too organised and feel like i've missed things. I'm gonna do another post in a sec with everything i've booked and what i've got left to get xxx

Done & Deposit Paid
Venue
Venue Decorations
Church
Wedding Dress
Wedding Dress Hoop/Underskirt
Veil
Wedding Hair
Wedding Car
Invitiation DIY bits (just need to make)
DJ
Photobooth
Photographer

Left to Sort
Give Notice on 11.02.16
Sort Registrar (the church has their own so need to speak with priest)
Wedding Lingerie
Wedding Shoes
Andrew's Suit and Shoes
Groomsmen and Pageboys Suit and Shoes
Bridesmaid Dresses
Wedding Cake/Cupcakes
Wedding Cheese Cake (four tier of different cheese)
Favors
Flowers (Foam DIY)
Presents for Bridal Party (Free gifts from Smooch Rings just for having them come to the house, three bridesmaid gifts and cufflinks for bestman)
Pic n Mix Sweets
Wedding Rings
Honeymoon
Hen & Stag dos

A lot of the stuff on my to do list I already know where and who i'm getting it off and the cost etc just need to wait for a little closer to the wedding.

Am I missing anything??!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->