• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

£500 free for your baby, and you dont have to pay back!

lilshortass

Reaction score
Sure Start Maternity Grant

What is it for?

£500 to help with the costs of having a new baby.

Do I need to be on benefits?

You can get Sure Start Maternity Grant if you or your partner get:

Income Support
Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
Pension Credit
Child Tax Credit which includes an amount higher than the family element - you receive more than £545 a year (or £1,090, if you have a child under one) (2005/06 figures), or
Working Tax Credit where a disability or severe disability element is included in the award

Do I have to pay it back?

No

I wasn't sure if anyone knew about this, as apparently not many people do, so i thought i'd let you know! You can get an application form from you local job center (i think?)

Thanks for sharing hun, but I believe you should be informed about it when you are PG....although the government are not the best at doing this, so hopefully YOU might help someone! x

As an afterthought on this, it's definitely worth applying after LO is born, even if you don't think you are entitled. If I had applied before Charlie was born, they would have said No, but I applied just before he was 3 months old (you get until baby is 3 months), and they said Yes ! It was because having him had meant we got slightly more Tax Credits and it pushed us just above the family element!! :happydance:

It costs nothing to apply, so go for it! You can download an application form from https://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Dev_013950.xml.html

Think we might just get this. Have just checked award notice and we get 547.50 . Will ring jobcentre on Tuesday for form. Knowiny my luck there will be some clause that makes us uneligible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"