• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

0 cm dialated, 70% effaced.. how long?!

MiSS.M0MMY2BE

Reaction score
I just had my appointment today and my little girl is extremely low and I'm 70% effaced. No dialation as of yet. The doctor said, well see you next week if not sooner. And before the nurse left she said maybe well have good news for you next week if you make it that long! I'm 37 and 4 by the way. Do you think shell be here soon or am I just getting my hopes up?! I know no one can tell me. Just want opinions/guesses/experiences. :)

No idea. In the uk, we don't get any vaginal examinations until labour (unless there is a medical reason), so I have no idea what my cervix was like at 37 weeks!

I think it's really hard to tell. I know some moms that were 1-3cm dilated for WEEKS! I hope she comes sooner rather than later though :)

I believe effacement is more important than dilation. It might not be long!

certainly wouldnt hold ur breathe. it means nothing really. i was 2cm with my first for 8 weeks before being induced!

Everyone is different. Some stay at 3.5cm for like weeks and nothing happens. It's happened to me so I know how frustrating it can be. And some are 1cm and go into labor within a few hours to a few days. They say your first baby will take longer which I can see that to be true because with my first I was 4cm for like, a month, and you'd think they would induce me but they didn't. As for you, I believe too that effacement is more important than dilation so the fact you're 70% effaced is a good sign. I don't really believe in sex and waking to help move things along but some people swear by it so maybe give it a try. When walking the gravity is supposed to pull down the baby and open you up so I guess it's worth a try. Hope it won't be too long now for you :)

Dilation really has nothing to do with it. Yes obviously thats how baby needs to come out but like said above I was 2cm for the last few weeks and my baby still was overdue. 70% effaced on the other hand is GREAT!!!

Just look at this photo. Hopefully for you baby wants to come out! Lol :thumbup:

Attachments

• h9991589_001.jpg
    h9991589_001.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 18
id be more concerned with how engaged baby is if its your first. Also they cant really tell much about effacement till they can get a finger into the cervix to measure how thick it is as its just an opinion based on how much they think its thinned out due to palpating the babies head

Everyone is different. Some stay at 3.5cm for like weeks and nothing happens. It's happened to me so I know how frustrating it can be. And some are 1cm and go into labor within a few hours to a few days. They say your first baby will take longer which I can see that to be true because with my first I was 4cm for like, a month, and you'd think they would induce me but they didn't. As for you, I believe too that effacement is more important than dilation so the fact you're 70% effaced is a good sign. I don't really believe in sex and waking to help move things along but some people swear by it so maybe give it a try. When walking the gravity is supposed to pull down the baby and open you up so I guess it's worth a try. Hope it won't be too long now for you :)

I will probably not go out of my way to try and get her out (yet). I suppose shell come when she's good and ready lol. But I hope it won't be too long either! Thank you!

I'd hazard a guess you'll give birth within the next 4/5 weeks :p People walk around for 2/3 weeks 3cm dilated so not dilatation is definitely not a good sign labour is impending. Effacement is very subjective too when there is no dilatation to put a finger inside the cervix.

Dilation really has nothing to do with it. Yes obviously thats how baby needs to come out but like said above I was 2cm for the last few weeks and my baby still was overdue. 70% effaced on the other hand is GREAT!!!

Just look at this photo. Hopefully for you baby wants to come out! Lol :thumbup:

Yesss! That picture actually was very helpful. I hope she wants to, too! Thanks. :)

id be more concerned with how engaged baby is if its your first. Also they cant really tell much about effacement till they can get a finger into the cervix to measure how thick it is as its just an opinion based on how much they think its thinned out due to palpating the babies head

He said, golly that babys low! I don't know exact but apparently pretty low. Haha. Thanks.

I'd hazard a guess you'll give birth within the next 4/5 weeks :p People walk around for 2/3 weeks 3cm dilated so not dilatation is definitely not a good sign labour is impending. Effacement is very subjective too.

Oh, I sure hope so! Haha. Thanks.

Hi I'm 1-2cm dilated, my baby is engaged and his head is at +1 station so I know he's very low. I don't know how effaced I am but I know my cervix is less than 1cm. I was told that labour should be expected soon but that was Monday and I'm still waiting for labour to begin

Hi I'm 1-2cm dilated, my baby is engaged and his head is at +1 station so I know he's very low. I don't know how effaced I am but I know my cervix is less than 1cm. I was told that labour should be expected soon but that was Monday and I'm still waiting for labour to begin

I guess our little babies will just come whenever th ey decide they want too! I don't know about you, but I'm already getting impatient! Lol.

i was 85 percent effaced and 4 cm dialated for a month..not saying that will happen to you..like other said some can go into labor with 1 cm and others can go over do..

i hope for you its not long

i was 85 percent effaced and 4 cm dialated for a month..not saying that will happen to you..like other said some can go into labor with 1 cm and others can go over do..

i hope for you its not long

Oh jeeze. That stinks. Oh well, little girl will come when she wants huh. I'm hoping to atleast have some change by my next appointment, in a week exactly. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->