1 baby two sacs(?) at 6 weeks.

KandyKinz

Longtime Mama
Reaction score
I had a scan a few days ago, baby had a light flickering heartbeat of 120 and measured 6 weeks 6 days which had to be atleast 2 days off as going by when we had intercourse that cycle I would have been 6 weeks 4 days at the latest unless we had some immacculate conception thing going on..

Anyways, there was a second sac seen. Here the u/s techs won't tell you anything and they keep the screen angled away from you, but from what I could see the additional sac(?) looked to be very close to the same size the baby was in. At one point she made it so parts lit up with Color and the area against the wall of the sac baby was in lit up blue and red and a similar blue red section lit up against the wall in the additional sac (?) but no where else.

The ultrasound report says it's "possibly" a subchorionic hematoma and recommended I go back for another 2 weeks for re-evaluation. The ultrasound I had was transabdominal

Is it possible that that additional area could have been a twin that didn't make it? OR is there any possibility that maybe that sac like area could be a live twin that they just weren't able to visualize because maybe it's a few days behind and perhaps wasn't as easily seen in it's position transabdominally? Could another gestational sac look like a "possible subchorionic hematoma."

We had similar but not as far along as you. I was at the ER for my neuromuscular condition and happened to have some bleeding so doctor nicely decided to give us a scan. I was 4+5 Same sort of thing, the tech wouldn't show the screen the whole time, only showed a flash at the end. Saw 2 sacs and the hubby said another, it was so vague. Anyway we were told, there's a big sch and 'signs of early pregnancy' I thought that was weird because in the past (had 6 kids lol ) they always write gestational sac seen. Went to my OB at 5+ 4 and 2 sacs seen again, her thoughts twins but early. Went to more in depth ultrasound (her machine is the bedside ones so not that clear), that was Tuesday this week. Saw 2 sacs, 2 clear HBs and no sch!! One of the babies is right over my cervix for the bleed. I think I got everything there in the right order!! None of mine were abdominal btw, would be so easy to miss if not vaginally. I put pics in the April due date group in that part of the forum if it helps xx

One thing I remember of sch is that the outline isn't as brightly lit as the outline of a gestational sac.

Probably a different situation completely... but at my ultrasound at 10w4d there was a black thing on screen somewhat near baby... she told me it was on my ovary.

It's a cyst. But they did do that imaging with the different colored stuff. Maybe it was something like that?

I had a synchronic haematoma with my eldest. It dispersed quickly. It does look a bit like a sac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->