1 embryo or two

cvaeh

Reaction score
Hi

We are starting our first cycle of IVF this month and have been asked what we think about single embryo transfer. I have read so much information on it and my head is spinning. What I really want to know are the figures for live births when one or two are transferred? I feel like we are being pushed towards one but don't know what the best thing to do is. I am 30 and husband is 31. We have unexplained fertility. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we had twins if thats what was meant to be. Anyone have any experience or advise for us!!! XX

I think I'd go with two. Up my chances of one attaching, and then also we only want two kids so if I got twins out of it, great! No more fertility issues! :)

We've discussed this at length as well, and we're going to go with 2. It is a tough decision for sure, but we're ready for whatever happens!

My dh and i have decided on 2 if we get the option. I am 30 and dh is 31.
We would ideally love 3 children so twins would be amazing, although the main reason for having 2 would be to increase the chance of a successful singleton pregnancy :)
I think it depends on the quality etc with how many they advise on the day anyway xxx

Check out this thread:
https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/592994-embryos-do-you-decide.html

A bunch of us have gone round about this one!

I had 3 put back first time, only 1 took. Second time I had 3 again and 0 made it. This cycle (this week!) we will most likely do 3 again.

We're having ICSI in July. At our appointment on Friday the FS told us that as I'm only 32 and there's nothing wrong with me (our issue is male factor) they're planning to transfer just one embryo once it's a blastocyst. I must admit that I am concerned that it's not optimising my chances of implantation but he explained it's an effort to reduce the number of multiples as they are higher risk pregnancies, plus I am diabetic which introduces another set of risks in pregnancy.

It's a tough one to call.

Hi there I was told it depends on the quality of the embryos that determines how many to transfer, they made a point of saying this. It's still early days in my treatment but I'm still saying I would like two. Reasons for this are that DH only wants to go through with this process once, if or when we have a child via IVF he won't want to go through IVF for a second child, so I would really love a family in one go. We probably won't be able to afford it anyway.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/2011/05May/Pages/decline-in-multiple-birth-rate-from-IVF.aspx

HFEA report

https://www.hfea.gov.uk/6456.html

Hi There

I wish my clinic did two ET but they have a single ET policy. If I had the choice I would have gone for two but multiple babies was not a worry for us. Its a personal choice hun so its great you're weighing up your options. Best of luck! xx

The linked post was my original post about this so I feel you! We are having our transfer tomorrow and we are hoping there are two left to transfer. The choice may be taken from us in the end. I definately recommend thinking all o fthis stuff through before you start the process because it is a very emotional time and it's hard to think clearly while juiced up on hormones!

Adanma

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->