1 hour glucose test - I had low glucose?

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
So the normal range is 70-129 I believe, and I scored a 69.

Anyone dealt with this before? Is that bad? I'm still waiting to hear back from my doctor.

I wonder if I was supposed to eat before. I hadn't eaten since dinner last night and the test was taken at 10:40am today. Hmmm.

I wasn't told that I had to eat in the morning when I had it done with my previous pregnancy. I don't think they'll do anything for a 69, they're more concerned about it being higher. They may recommend you eat more often though.

Thanks! I know I should eat more often....but not feeling too hot is keeping me from eating. Ugh. :blush:

That is a normal test reading if you didn't eat the morning before a test.

Typically a blood glucose level of 69 is just fine, especially in pregnancy. I had a random glucose check and was 65, my doctor told me that blood sugar can run lower in pregnancy. If you ever start feeling any symptoms from low blood sugar (not likely with a sugar of 69 but they'd include shakiness, anxiety, sweating, hunger, confusion and others) eat or drink a form of carbohydrate (candy, juice, etc) followed by some protein. Frequent small meals if you're able will help prevent getting there but definitely don't stress over it at this point. I'm not as familiar with the 1 hour glucose test results but if the reference range is 70-129 then you should be just fine, just wait to hear back from your doc and certainly go off of what he has to say but congrats on not scoring high!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->