1 in 6 chance of Down Syndrome with the Quad Test...

Cute_Rats

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

So, I am roughly 15 weeks pregnant and had the quad test done on Tuesday morning, got a call on Thursday night to say the quad test results show a change of 1 in 6 for Down Syndrome. I didn't ask about other syndromes at this point.
I am 33 and this is my second child (first child born normal) - so I don't think my age played a huge part in the equation.

I did have a scan at 12 weeks - the baby was moving a lot and the sonographer in my opinion did not do a great job. He kept silent all the time. The only measurement he took was the CTR, which was 6.05 cm. No heart beat measurement, no NT measurement taken, no head circumference measurement taken.

With my daughter I had the NT scan and the combined test in England which showed a chance of 1 in 4000 or 4200 I can't remember the exact number, so while it was low it wasn't a great number either for being 27 at the time.

I feel like the sonographer who did the first scan (he was a consultant) was not really very focused that day, he kept forgetting things, even forgot to give me my notes as I left his office. His head was somewhere else. When I asked him if he could measure the neck, he turned the computer off and said yes you can request a Down Syndrome test if you are worried... I live in Northern Ireland and they don't measure the Nuchal Fold here because abortion is illegal. But the lady who called me on Thursday said that if it had looked abnormal that they would have measured it... I will updated the scan picture here through my phone. In my opinion the nuchal fold looked big, not like my daughter's, hence why I requested the quad test.

Also, my Blood Pressure was 124/86 - and again no one seemed to find the time to tell me that that was a little bit on the high side.

Thank you for reading, I am hoping to connect to other ladies going through the same thing.
I have an Amnio at the hospital on Thursday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->