1 step forward, 2 steps back

mellllly

Mummy to 3 under 4!
Reaction score
Arghh its driving me mad!

We started at 4 months and she was having half a rusk mixed with some of her milk at dinner time. Wasnt happy about this but she wouldnt take baby rice and just screamed and screamed!

Then last week she just outright refused to have any. So we started her on Babyrice again and o my suprise she loved it. So she was having about 1 tablespoon at dinnertime.
On Monday we decided to give her 2 tablespoons at lunch and then 2 tablespoons at dinner.
But yesterday at dinner she just screamed for her bottle and she done the same at lunch today.

I was hoping that on Monday I would swap the lunchtime rice to have at breakfast and then swap the dinnertime rice for a homemade puree, should I just do it this week instead to see if she likes it? :shrug:

I could have easily written the same post a few months back - even now we have good days and bad days! Does she get a bottle before solids? Sounds silly but my LO won't entertain solids if he's really hungry so I used to give him half of his usual milk to take the edge off his hunger then give the solids and then if he was still hungry he could have the rest of the milk. He only feeds himself now so its up to him what he eats - I can't do the battles anymore!! Hope that makes sense?! How old is she now? My LO really didn't become interested in food until about 7 months, we started weaning at 17 weeks! If its turning into a daily battle just go back to milk for a couple of days then try again - all babies take to solids in their own time, a friend of mine's LO is only just getting interested now and he's almost a year old. Keep at it - it will get better, you just have to be patient.

Rach321, that post made me feel majorly better... I just started Lindsey on purees and i dunno, I just thought she's like tuck into them like she'd been doin it all her life?!? Lil optimistic I guess... Glad Im not the only frustrated one and that it does get better!!! :hugs:

She is coming up to 6 months now,
I think she was just having an off couple of feeds as yesterday and today she has taken them like a dream!

She has the babyrice before her bottle. If I do it in the middle she doenst want to have anything apart from her botte. If I do it at the end she is too full from her bottle.

It is just soo frustrating! Think I am just going to carry on with my orinal plan.

Thanks for you reply though, always good to hear that I am not the ony one

Sounds like she's doing just fine - just remember food is just for fun until they are 1 so as long as she's getting her milk she will be just fine. I always think we're making progress then another tooth pops up and throws everything out again.....sigh!!

Melly if it's any help Layla has

8am milk
9am - her bfast (litle while after so she has room but milk comes first as i can't replace milk yet i don't think)
12 milk
4 milk
6 - her tea (again spaced out so it's inbetween both)
8pm last milk

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"