1 week old baby feeding. Advice???

Babyvoisey

Reaction score
So my baby girl was 5 weeks early. She's on formula but only taking 30-35 every 3 hours. I am under the neonatal team and that's the minimum they advise. She's on nutriprem formula to help her gain weight. How much does your one week old take???? I understand it may be different coz she was premature. But want to know x

When DS was a week old he was taking about 60ml every 3.5 to 4 hours. By three weeks we was taking about 100 ml six times a day.

My daughter was 3 weeks early (37 weeks, so term, but just barely). At a week old, I would say she was probably taking about the same (30 ml, give or take a bit), a mix of expressed BM and formula and then sometimes just BF, every 3 hours. We had to wake her and offer a feed every 3 hours, she wouldn't necessarily have wanted it otherwise, but because she was early and had weight gain issues that's what we did for the first month or so. So I'd say that sounds pretty normal to me.

Our LO (27weeker) was discharged at 39 weeks gestation and she was on 30-40mls every 3 hours, so it sounds pretty normal to me

My DS was born at term and he was only taking 20-25 mL every 2.5-3 hours. Every baby is different. He has always been a light eater even now at over a year old he only eats 4-5 oz at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->