• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1 year anniversary!

birdlee337

Reaction score
Wow my baby girl is a year old...andone day!!! Can't believe it! Been breastfeeding for a whole year...had no idea how long we'd make it. Have had some tough times but definitely worth it. We shall see how long we go...hoping for at least a few more months. She seems to be only wanting to nurse for comfort I am definitely ok with that. She is my only baby...so I am so sad that this closeness with her is almost over!!!! :(

Aww well done!! I am DREADING it being over too! I initially aimed for 6 months and now I don't ever want to stop! My DD currently feeds every couple of hours throughout the night, but through the day she could go for hours on end without! I think she's all upside down but I don't mind cos we cosleep so it doesn't bother me too much.. I definitely can't see us quitting outright at 1. Don't know where to draw the line though cos I'm not too sure I like the idea of self weaning. :/

Congratulations! It is such an achievement. :)

DS And I are coming up to 17 months this weekend and it's lovely asking him if he's tired and wants booby and he nods his head and smiles! :)

Well done!:thumbup:
Don't worry too much about the closeness being almost over, I'm breastfeeding DD2 and we still have that closeness. She loves nursing and I still nurse her to sleep. She may be my last child (I am now a single mom) so I intend to continue nursing until she is at least 2, unless she decides to wean of course. We are still co-sleeping.

And I don't know about you, but still no AF and I love it!! Between my 2 pregnancies and nursing I haven't had a true period since May 2012!:happydance: had two days of spotting right before we conceived dd2 and nothing since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->