1 year old rejecting one side

BeachBaby655

Reaction score
Breastfeeding mommas! My son is almost 15 months old and we are still nursing about 3 times a day ( wakes, nap, bed) but recently for the last 2 weeks or more he has rejected one side consistently and will only nurse on the other. Is this normal towards the end? Is it a sign that he’s ready to wean? Thanks in advance for the input!

It could be so many things - teething/earache making one side/position uncomfortable, or that the supply has gone down on that side (both breasts have an independent supply) so he prefers the side with milk. There could be a blockage that side (although after two weeks I'd expect you to be aware of it already) - Does the boob that side feel and look healthy to you?

If he's keen to eat on the other side it doesn't sound like he's ready to wean off the breast, just something is stopping one side from being enjoyable.

It could be so many things - teething/earache making one side/position uncomfortable, or that the supply has gone down on that side (both breasts have an independent supply) so he prefers the side with milk. There could be a blockage that side (although after two weeks I'd expect you to be aware of it already) - Does the boob that side feel and look healthy to you?

If he's keen to eat on the other side it doesn't sound like he's ready to wean off the breast, just something is stopping one side from being enjoyable.

Yes it is my less producing side that he has been rejecting so maybe that’s it! Thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->