10 days late for period

sailorlovin

Reaction score
Hey, Im new to this forum but I'm just really confused right now and I was hoping that some of you ladies out there could help me out. My fiance and I had sex for 2 weeks straight every day and while I was ovulating. Well, a week before my period was due to start, I started light bleeding right after sex, it wasn't like a period, and it's happened before because he was too rough. Anyway, I took a birth control pill to stop the bleeding and a week later (June 26th) I was waiting for my period, but it never came! I'm very regular, to the point that I can keep a calendar, and it will come exactly on that day. Now, I'm 10 days late and completely confused. I took 2 pregnancy tests (4 days late and 9 days late) and they are both negative. It's frustrating because I need to know. Is it worth it to take a blood test or do you think my period could be late for other reasons? How much is a blood test anyway?

PS:I stopped taking BC pills 5 months ago and even then only took half a pack since fiance is stationed far away. So, that hasn't messed up my cycle at all, but you think that one BC pill I took could've had an effect?

Thank you for reading all this, I've been going crazy over here, and would really appreciate some real answers :)

Why would you takd a pill to stop the bleeding? ? Could have been implantation bleeding. Or perhaps even ovulation bleeding. If its o bleeding then your af should be showing soon... (late o = late af)

When you take something like the pill, you're putting hormones into your body, usually estrogen and progesterone together as most pills are combo. When you discontinue taking them, you're causing an abrupt drop in those hormones and it can force you to shed the lining of your uterus making it an unstable environment for a fertilized egg. You are likely not pregnant, but in the future, you should never self-medicate with birth control pills or any other kind of prescriptions as you could unintentionally cause yourself to miscarry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->