10 days pp still a lot of bleeding?

tokyo_c

Reaction score
I've read that it's normal to still have bright red bleeding up to around 12 days pp but I'm still experiencing bleeding heavier than the heaviest period I've ever had, with occasional smallish clots. Has anyone experienced something similar? I have an appointment to get LO checked for weight gain on Saturday but I'm wondering if I should ask them to add me in too...

Nobody? :( I'd be interested to hear what kind of bleeding people are having/had at the same point after birth, just to compare...

Are you doing stuff? Such as walking around alot? Bleeding can last longer if you dont rest enough, its your bodies way of saying 'slow down' the bleeding can also get heavier after a few days of being lighter for the same reason. So sit down and do nothing :winkwink: xx

Agree^

It can be pretty heavy for up to 2 weeks, after that I would get checked out. Defo take it easy in the meantime:hugs:

It may be normal but it also could be that you have a bit of placenta retained or something like that; better to ask about it, just to be sure xx

I asked at the clinic, as I'm going back in another week they told me to keep an eye on it till then... I guess I was on my feet quite a bit, walking rocking and singing! After (TMI alert!) getting rid of another couple of biggish clots yesterday morning it does seem to be a bit lighter so hopefully finally heading in the right direction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->