10 days PP-still bleeding??

ParisJeTadore

Mum to my beautiful kids!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

just wondering if this is normal or not. My pp bleeding has been steadily getting lighter but I started pumping more milk the last couple days and it seems that my bleeding has picked up again. I'm not soaking pads but the blood is still brighter red...should I be worried at all or is this normal? Every where I read it says that you shouldn't have brighter red blood after 7 days...

How long do you normally bleed after birth before it starts to taper off?

My pp bleeding lasted for 13 weeks! It was red sometimes but it does slow down though. Sometimes you'll think it's stopped and then it starts up again! It will eventually stop, but if you're concerned then talk to your doctor xx

Hey congratulations on your wee man.

I wouldn't worry about it, I bled for about 5/6 weeks after I had Finn and it would get light and then come back again all red, everyone is different and some people dont bleed as long as others but as long as you arent soaking pads you should be fine.

x

I stopped bleeding at 2.5 weeks this time, and that was quick I think so 10 days is very normal and could be a few more weeks yet

My PP bleeding stopped at 3 weeks and was red or pink the whole time x

Just what everyone else has said, its normal. I'm 5 weeks pp and still getting light bleeding. At times I thought it was over only for it to be bright red again.

My midwife said it can come back heavier and bright red during/after pumping as that can cause your uterus to contract expelling more blood out. Weird!

Joy x

6-7 weeks... then I didn't have a period until I stopped breastfeeding at 6 months. Now it is heavier than ever! x

Mine lasted for 3 weeks, my friends went on for 9 weeks!!

Alright, I am freaking out a little now...I woke up this morning and got a gush of bright red blood. Not enough to soak a pad but more than I've been getting. Should I be worried?

Mine has got a lot lighter but sometimes I get a gush of blood. It will stop and start.

I'm at day 13 and mine just got heavier again yesterday. After the first week it was really light and more of a clear pink. Now it's heavy again and dark red.

I'm at day 13 and mine just got heavier again yesterday. After the first week it was really light and more of a clear pink. Now it's heavy again and dark red.

This is good to know as mine has stopped at day 12 and I have a strong feeling that it's going to come back sometime soon! Pp bleeding is so unpredictable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->