10 month old wont take bottle?

MajellaG

Mum to a Beautiful Girl!
Reaction score
Just looking for a bit of advise from other mummy's. Since my baby started solids she really doesn't care for her bottle I spoke to hv about it & she said if she was getting 15-20oz a day that's fine & for a while that was ok but now everyday if getting harder & harder. Today she's only had about 3oz.
Should I be worried or would she be self weaning?

I've had a similar experience - the past few months have been very up and done with the bottle and days shy of her 1st birthday she started refusing all but one bottle (morning). There's nothing we can do about it.. we've talked to her pediatrician at her 1 year check up and she wasn't concerned because she's getting formula through 1-2 baby cereal/s a day, depending on how much I can fit in, plus 1 yogurt for extra dairy. I'd say in a day she has about 300-400ml of formula, sometimes less. :shrug: As long as you're getting dairy in through cereals and yogurt and your little one's doing well I wouldn't worry too much but certainly bring it up with her pediatrician.

Thanks saphira, I get what you saying she would have cereal in the morning made with milk & a yogurt for lunch too so I suppose may be that's enough for her, just would hate to think she'd be dehydrated or not getting the proper nuteriants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->