10 month olds feet are always cold?

CRWx

my little family - complete <3
Reaction score
My DDs feet always seem to be icy! Even if she's warm everywhere else, should I be concerned? I've started putting socks on under her sleepsuits to try and warm them up a bit... sometimes they go a little purple tinged? It's never bothered her but I'm just wondering if I should say something to the doctor? :shrug: she's also usually got quite cold hands too, although not as often as her feet?

She's almost always got either tights, socks or footed sleepsuits on too!

https://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn198/crwxoxx/3D9134CD-79F7-47F0-A7E9-7C15D871DD20_zpsmdat6yby.jpg

I would mention it to your doctor as it may be a circulatory issue... then again, she could just be cold!

DS2 was born with VERY purple feet... one in particular took almost a week to be pink. My midwife told me it was because when they're cooking and building their bodies the circulatory system focuses first on the main organs before sending energy to other places (i.e. the feet). He had one more instance of purple foot which I reported to his dr at the next check-up, she listened to his heart thoroughly and said everything sounded okay but if it happened again we'd likely have to visit a pediatric cardiologist. Thankfully it didn't happen again and he's a happy 2yo now.

Both my children have ice cold hands and feet all the time, same with my nieces. i bought fluffy socks rather than standard cotton ones which help a little but once they are off they go cool again. I've mentioned it to the doctor a few times but it's normal apparently x

Esme is the same, her hands and feet are usually like ice. Even if she's been wearing tights, socks, sleep suits etc xx

James gets cold feet a lot too. They don't seem to bother him though, I don't think he notices!

This is very normal. All of my babies have had purple, cold little feet... Once they start running around a lot (without holding onto things, I've found), this usually subsides. If their feet are too cold or purple, I just lay baby down and give a little foot massage to bring more blood flow to the area. Not doing so won't make much of a difference. Babies don't even notice. :)

DD2 is the same. She's just turned one. Her feet and hands sometimes look purple. Although she is warm.

Maybe mention it to your GP/HV. Ive always just thought it was normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->