10 months baby won't take formula

Unlucky41

Reaction score
hi ladies

I will be returning to work in 7 wks and would like baby to drink fornula during the day.

we have tried two formula so far bellamy and aptamil allepro. He hates them both! he would drink water from the bottle but once he has a sip of formula he cries.

any suggestions want to try? just do hard when these companies don't give any samples eh

please help

Is there a reason why you want him on formula if he'll be almost a year old when you return to work? I would just give him food and some milk while you are at work and not worry about trying to get him on formula.

Is there a reason why you want him on formula if he'll be almost a year old when you return to work? I would just give him food and some milk while you are at work and not worry about trying to get him on formula.

he had reflux so not sure how cow milk with be on his tummy. at the moment he naps better after a breast feed. I just feel better if he drinks so sort of milk especially when he gets sick and only wants liquid.

he had reflux so not sure how cow milk with be on his tummy. at the moment he naps better after a breast feed. I just feel better if he drinks so sort of milk especially when he gets sick and only wants liquid.

I don't have any experience with reflux, but maybe you could talk to his doctor about what is best to offer him that won't trigger his reflux? Is there any way you could pump some milk so he could have that on days when he is sick? I breastfed my daughter until she was 13 months old, after that we didn't offer her milk on a regular basis, maybe a cup a day for a while, and now she only gets milk if she asks for it. She eats a lot of cheese and yogurt so we didn't push milk on her.

we going to see his Dr this Thursday so see what he says eh. He loves his cheese but hates yoghurt but probably getting enough calcium for now.

Since formula is cows milk is there much of a difference in terms of the reflux ? Id try him with cows milk and see if he likes it.

Are you going to be working full time or long shifts? If not then LO might not need any milk. I went back to work when my LO was 1 and although she would drink formula at home she refused bottles from nursery staff so she just had food and water at nursery and breastmilk before I dropped her off and when I picked her up.

There were a few occasions in those first few months when she refused food because she was catching a cold etc. and of course wouldn't take bottles either, and so I left work at lunch time to nurse her (the nursery was only 5mins away from where I worked though) so she wouldn't get dehydrated, but other than that she drank water and ate food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->