10 months in and still leaking

Tigerlilyb

Mum of one each
Reaction score
I BF my daughter for 21ish months with no hassle or hiccups, it was great. So I expected the same the second time around...

We struggled for months with oversupply and overactive letdown, he had awful colic and reflux which was obviously worsened by it. I nearly switched to formula so many times because of it but we muddled on. It's settled down now, or he's gotten used to it, but my boobs still leak a lot, multiple times per day. It's been bloody hot here lately so I've done a lot of sitting around in the nude :)blush:) and I'm shocked at how often I feel it running down my arms etc. It's often without any hint of letdown, just sort of seeping out. It's driving me mad!

I would definitely feel letdown too, it's quite painful for me and my boobs go rock solid and bumpy. The glands in my nips stick out kinda like something out of a horror movie, all lumpy and strange. Is this normal or should I get it checked out?

Following.. I'm only (nearly) 5 months in but still leak/have very powerful letdown etc. Like you I've come so close to quitting but thankfully my LO can cope with the flow a bit better now, it used to be a nightmare trying to feed her with milk spraying everywhere. I've got friends with babies younger than mine and they don't need breast pads anymore.. I have to always make sure I've got a spare pair when I go out :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->