10 months pp... Late depression?? :(

holdontohope

Reaction score
I had my daughter nearly 10 months ago and for the past 3 months I feel lost with my emotions... My daughter sleeps 9-10 hours a night but I don't. I can barely sleep at all. Its like my mind wont shut off and I feel anxious a lot. I wouldn't say I feel "depressed" in general. I guess more sad, anxious and just upset more often then I think I should. And not towards my daughter at all. But everyone else pretty much. I don't know if all this has to do with not sleeping or possibly being a single mom and never taking a break (even when family offers).

Does this sound like late ppd?? I feel so exhausted. Almost like I am going to have a break down and cry for days or something!!

I have no clue about the ppd but definitely sounds like lack of sleep could definitely be a factor. I felt the same after birth & didn't want to accept help because I wanted to prove I didn't need it & I could do it all myself but I eventually accepted the help & it was amazing. Maybe you try accepting help & see how that goes?

I could have written this myself OP and wonder the same thing, not sleeping and generally feel very down. I have a history of depression and stopped the meds when pregnant and for the last 9 months. I find myself re-starting the meds now and hope to feel "better" within a few weeks. No energy, want to sleep during the day, want to cry, and generally lost interest or motivation for anything. Maybe talk to your doctor. Hope you get it sorted out! There is nothing wrong with meds if you need them. :hugs:

I feel bad for LO right now as her mommy isnt very happy.

i went on meds at 9PP with my daughter. I felt great until then, and became really tired, anxious, angry, cried a lot. I've only been on them 2 weeks but I'm starting to feel a little better. I would definitely talk to you GP about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->