10 week old has basically nursed non-stop today

Stash777

Mommy to Teagan Noelle
Reaction score
I'm not worried about my supply being low as I pumped 8 oz in 10 min after her morning feed this morning. Normally she nurses 5-10 min every 2 1/2-3 hrs (occasionally she'll nurse for 20 min). Today, however, she has been attached to my boob all day long - nursing for an hour every 30-60 min. I know it's mostly non-nutritive, but I'm trying to figure out what's going on. She isn't running a fever, doesn't seem to be sick, but it's the only thing she wants to do today. We've tried using the pacifier, but she will only take it for a few minutes. Is she just going through a growth spurt, or is it something else? She has been fussy almost every break between nursing, and nursing has been the only thing that calms her down. She is swallowing during the first few minutes and then a few minutes here and there throughout the session.

She does have an appt tomorrow with the pediatrician for a follow up with her reflux, which has actually been good today (is this because she's been nursing all day??), so I'll be asking her Dr about it tomorrow. I'm just curious - I don't mind it, just want to make sure there isn't something wrong with her (not feeling well but not running fever).

It could be a growth or development spurt, could be teething, perhaps she's feeling a little under the weather (wouldn't necessarily have a temperature), maybe she's just feeling like she wants to be close to you today. Sometimes teething can start early, even if you can't see or feel anything. As long as she's happy, I'd just keep going and not worry.

My dd would go through phases like that and everything was fine. Maybe she's about to have a growth spurt so is regulating your supply. DD started teething at 3 months so not too much older than yours. As long as everything is fine tomorrow I would carry on like you said. :)

they go through many phases and things change as you go along, it's best not to expect a routine as such yet and just go with what baby wants. as other poster said could be many things but it'll pass and settle down again.

Thanks ladies! Her Dr said that she may be coming down with a cold and to just keep an eye on it if it doesn't get better or she starts running a fever. She seems fine today and has only been nursing every 3 - 3 1/2 hours. I'm thinking she just wanted a lot of cuddle time yesterday - I don't think she has a cold as she is breathing just fine while nursing and doesn't have a runny nose. She hasn't been as fussy as she has been this past week either and slept really well today. Now I'm wondering if it was just residual effects from her 2 month vaccines last week? Anyhow, thanks again! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->