10 week scares due to bleeds ...anyone?

bubbles_cymru

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am 10w 1 day - had 2 bleeds this week

One at 9w 1 day and one yesterday at 10w exactly - brown last week, bright red yesterday but only when I wipe and didn't last long!

I had an early scan Monday and saw my baby and the heartbeat but then yesterday it happened again and was bright red - I am so scared and worried :cry: had to have an internal swab taken and gotta go back tomorrow for an internal scan?

Anyone else had these problems with a positive outcome?:shrug::nope:

:hugs: Seeing blood is horrible and scary. I've been pregnant 3 times and had bleeds in each of them - more in this pregnancy and my first (which resulted in a healthy baby) than the one when I had a MMC. Generally the advice I've been given is that if blood is just when you wipe and not accompanied by pain then that's a good sign. And if you've seen a heartbeat after about 8weeks then that's a really big sign that everything will be ok.

I am getting a lot of feedback from midwives and friends where pregnancies with bleeds have gone on to progress normally.

Thank you xx

I hope its nothing. Thinking of you and hope the scan tomorrow goes well xx

anyone mentioned a SCH? is group for it in other section maybe they could help you out x

I had exactly that right at 10 weeks. For me, it was literally bright red gushing blood and really scary. It tapered off after about 20 minutes and was brown on and off for the next week. Had a scan the day after and it was nothing. Went on to have a perfectly healthy, easy pregnancy and no further bleeding. And now have a happy, healthy toddler who is driving me nuts today!! According to the midwife I saw, 90% of first trimester bleeds go on to lead to healthy babies. It's just one of those things. If you've had a scan and all was well, then everything is very likely to be just fine. No harm calling the midwives and asking to be checked out again just for your peace of mind though.

I bled for a week with my last pregnancy (I now have a 13 month old) and have bled for 2 days so far with this pregnancy and scans show everything ok so far :/

It's worrying...but as far as I know as long as you don't have severe cramps (that painkillers don't take away) and the bleeding doesn't get heavier, it's usually "nothing".

I'm currently having brown spotting. Started Tuesday, I went to A&E on midwives advice and they booked me a scan for next week. I had a private scan yesterday (like I was gonna wait for a week!!!!!!) and everything was totally fine. Baby was fine, heartbeat seen and heard and it did a little jump :)

I'm still worried... Not gonna lie!!!!! But I've read so much and everything is actually more favourable than not, which should be reassuring. I've been told to stay off work and rest till my next scan, which is good, but gives me time to worry!!

I'm sure all will be fine with you, I would say don't worry, but then I'd be a hypocrite :D

I spotted from bfp to 6 weeks, saw baby and hb at 7 weeks, and now started spotting with a couple bleeds since 8 weeks. Have another scan next week, but had the same problem with my last pregnancy. After the pregnancy they found I have a cervical ectropian, which continued to randomly bleed. A sensitive cervix tends to be common in pregnancy. I don't know yet about this pregnancy bc it's early, but if there is something wrong I'm pretty sure the bleeding would have happened either way. I hope everything is ok, but keep in mind it can be pretty common!

Hey girlies - just to let you know I had another scan today and little bean was absolutely fine, its little heart beating away and measuring right on schedule... sooooooo relieved. Midwife said there was no bleeding on my uterus and my ovaries etc were fine. I gotta monitor for 10 days now and another bleed will mean another scan but this may just be me for the pregnancy - little bleeds.

Very relieved that my Christmas delight is still happening xxxx Thank you all for your support xxxxxxxxxx

My advice is to always get anything, no matter how insignificant checked xx

So pleased everything is all ok! Did you get a photo??!!

I still have brown discharge when i wipe. I have my NHS scan tues, so hoping little blob baby is still happy and jumping in there like it was on weds :) I've also got a little welsh one growing :p

So pleased everything is all ok! Did you get a photo??!!

I still have brown discharge when i wipe. I have my NHS scan tues, so hoping little blob baby is still happy and jumping in there like it was on weds :) I've also got a little welsh one growing :p

aww Ziggy that's fab - how long have you been wiping brown? Mine lasted a few hours! It's so nerve wrecking!

I didn't get a photo I wish I had asked now...will wait to my next scan now I guess :flower:

4 days now. Very frustrating! Everything seems ok, and everyone tells you it's normal, but it's very draining!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->