10 weeks and got a question

angelgirl2015

Reaction score
well my belly was out this morning like a defined bump and i hadnt ate anything so it wasnt bloat so my question is ... is this me showing now and my belly has been so sore.

It's most likely still bloat I'm afraid (you don't need to eat to be bloated, it's about fluid retention) as at 10 weeks your uterus hasn't risen above your pubic bone yet. If you've had a baby before then you might be showing, as second and more babies show earlier as the uterus rises quicker out of the pelvic cavity. The soreness will definitely be your uterus growing.

I remember being really anxious for my bump my first pregnancy, but I didn't get one till around 20 weeks (tiny round bump) and no one even noticed it until 26 weeks when it started sticking out more. I was really slim and had good stomach muscles, which kept it all together. With my second I was still slim and got the rounding around 18 weeks, with the proper bump showing around 24 week as my stomach muscles were weaker. The next time I imagine I'll show even sooner as after having two already and having so little time to exercise, my stomach tone is sadly nowhere near as good. It is exciting getting a bump!

Hope you get yours soon.

Like pp said, you don't need to eat to be bloated. I had crazy bloating throughout the first trimester. It did cause my Aunty to guess that I was pregnant at 8 weeks though! But your bloat can look like you're showing. It's most likely still bloat though!

The uterus doesn't have to rise up for you to have a bump. As it expands, it pushes your intestines up and that can cause a little bit of a bump. It might not be baby, but that doesn't mean it's bloat. (My doctor explained this to me since I started showing early, too.)

Your baby is a little over an inch long right now, so... Don't be surprised if your "bump" comes and goes until your uterus expands and your babies are the size of a peach (3" long, in about 3 more weeks!) What a growth spurt! You may see a big change in your belly then! I got my first true bump at 12 weeks (with my first), and it is possible to get one sooner, but it is usually bloat. Just unlikely to see it at 10 weeks when baby is still so teeny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->