10 weeks today STILL feeding every 2 hours!

yeahuloveme

6 angel babies :'(
Reaction score
as my title says my daughter might have a few good nights, but keeps going back to the 2 hour feeds.... is there any thing I can do to help her sleep better I have tried a double feed before bed, i have tried swaddling, her cot in her room, her crib in our room our bed, she is a fantastic sleeper, but just wants to feed every two hours or so....

I'm no help what so ever!
My daughter breast fed from birth to 4 months every 2 hours, then went onto formula still every 2 hours!she is going to be 1 year old in 2 weeks and still wakes for milk every 2 hours!!
She has never taken more than 3-4oz each feed so I guess she is just a snacker, little and often!

nooo!!!! my daughter was on a 4 hour feeding schedule which was fine, then cluster feeds made it shorter and shorter. I don't want to have to put her on formula but I don't want her to not be full up and always hungry. and I miss :sleep: so bad lol

she has also gone as long as 5.5 hours, so she can do it. :dohh:

Their sleep patterns change so often at that age. Just because she's done longer stretches in the past doesn't mean she always can.

My LO fed every 2 hours until about 4 months, and then did longer stretches (3-4) after that... But there were still phases where she'd be up way more frequently.

Not all babies are like mine lol. You may find your little one will do longer stretches in time.
Think very carefully if you want to use formula tho as I stopped bf my first as i thought formula would fill her up and it didn't change anything, same with tori who at almost 1 still wakes every 2 hours has been on formula for almost 8 months now but it doesn't fill her up any longer than breast milk did, only now I have to wash & sterilise bottles all the time and go down stairs every 2 hours in the night.
Bf was sooo much easier and quicker and if she had allowed I would still be doing it now.

Having said all of that, I see lots of people say that there babies start to sleep longer around 3-4 months so you may not be to far away!
Keep your chin up! It won't last forever :) at least that's what I keep telling myself lol!

she is cmpi and the substitute milk is disgusting apparently, I don't think I have it in my heart to make her have that when she likes my milk, all because I want my :sleep:. I do hope that it changes soon, as I am so tired and she is so cranky in the morning, I don't get how she sleeps 21 hours a day but needs a feed every two hours, she doesn't do any thing lol

My daughter had CMPI and went on the substitute milk. It is gross and I found it to be nowhere near as filling as regular formula. I would stick to breast milk if you can :)

yeah I am trying, she is in a rotten mood, grizzly angry HARD WORK! :shrug: I just don't know what is wrong with her

Their sleeping patterns change so much! My dd is 10 months and we've been back to feeding every 2hrs for the past 10 days. We've had maybe a couple of weeks now and again with 1-2 feeds a night but more often than not it's 3-4 with phases of every 1-2hrs when she's gone through growth spurts and mental leaps. Stick at it, you're doing great but don't over-analyse...I'm sure she's fine, it's just normal with a bf baby x

Other than his first chunk of sleep (which has varied from 2-5 hrs), DS wakes up at least every two hours if not more frequently to eat, and he's almost six months. What I found works best for me is having him in the bed with me. I still have to wake up to feed him, but I wake up a lot less if I can just lie there (he can eat with me lying on my side) and doze rather than having to get up out of bed and walk around, and so I go back to sleep afterward a lot faster. If you haven't already tried that (bed sharing + feeding lying down), might be worth a try!

Every two hours is pretty typical. We bed share too as it helps us both get way more sleep

My daughter ate every 2 hours up until she was about 4 months. That's when we started her on cereal/baby food (she now can go either 2 to 5 hours. I feed on demand.) When she was 2 months, she started sleeping a little longer - from about 11 til 2 or 3..than it just gradually got longer. Also I totally agree with the PP when they say you get a LOT more sleep when you bed share. Feed in the side lying position, and your baby will be happy, happy, happy. My daughter's so used to it, her mouth immediately starts to suckle when I pick her up in the AM. Shell scoot closer to me, and fall right back asleep as soon as she's nursing.

My son fed every 2 hours until he was 12 months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->