10 weeks too early to announce?

nikki_

Reaction score
I've had scans at 6, 7 and 9 weeks. They all looked perfect and baby is measuring right on track with a strong heartbeat (164). I'm bursting at the seams to make it public!

I'll be 10 weeks on Wednesday, assuming everything still feels fine, do you think that's too early to announce? TBH, I probably will anyway just wanted to get other thoughts :)

Yeah go for it. It won't make any difference if u shout it from the roof tops or keep quiet. I bought a load of cakes and sweets on asda today and told the man on the till I don't normally buy this much junk but I'm prego early days 8 wks tomorrow.
X

I'd say go for it, if you're itching to! Once you see that heartbeat around 8w, the likelihood of anything awful happening drops very significantly. I always tell myself that I'll wait to 12w to announce, but I never do. :lol: I think I managed to something like 11w this pregnancy, but only because we were waiting on the results of the NIPT we opted to have done.

Announce whenever you want to. I'm pretty sure by 10 weeks, your chances of annoying happening are about the same as any other point in pregnancy. So if you want to tell people now, go for it!

Honestly. I think there isn't a too early, it's what feels right for you!
I had a bleeding scare, followed by an echo that showed everything was perfect, that was at 7 weeks 6 days, so the next day I told! :)

Plus I figured, I wanted these people around if ever it went wrong. So if you're feeling like sharing, I say you go for it!

I announced at 9 weeks after our 2nd scan. Iv lost 10 babies. So i wanted this baby to be loved from the start no matter what the outcome.

We are going through the same dilemma at the moment... trying to decide when to tell people... we haven’t told family yet and debating on whether to do this at 6 and a half weeks.... very early but we figured it’s just family and we want to share our good news instead of just keeping it between us two! I think it’s whatever you feel comfortable with and if you want to tell people then go ahead! It’s amazing news and if you want to share that then do it!! Xxx

We announced yesterday @11+2.
Do it when you feel it's right :)

We announced very early. I'm not even 5 weeks yet. I was very torn about it, but ultimately this is what we did:

Our family (who is spread across the US and a chunk in Europe temporarily) didn't know we were trying, so it was very exciting to share the news. We are much closer with my husband's family and I want them to know and love the newest member of the family, even if he or she goes to heaven before we get to meet. They are all very loving and supportive, so I have no hesitations about sharing sad news later on.

My family, on the other hand, is not as close with us. They are very nice, and would be supportive, but I feel uncomfortable being vulnerable with them. I told my mom through text message and haven't yet told my dad. I may wait until I have a scan to share the news with him. He is so sweet, but awkward, so it will be easier on me in the event of a loss to not have to call and break his heart.

We have told our close friends, and others within earshot. Those who knew we were trying are in the loop. We don't really do social media, so all news has been shared personally and directly. All who know are aware that we aren't broadcasting the news, as we've asked that they keep it to themselves until we are ready.

I'm not sure, if I have a loss, what we would do moving forward in terms of announcing.

I think it depends completely on what you are comfortable with! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->