10 year old behaviour advice please

honey915

mum to 2 little boys
Reaction score
Ok so my son is 10 next month. I had him very young and my mum did a lot to help me raisehim. So 10 years from having him and I am now with my current partner not his father who didn't ever want to know him. He's literally had no male input until about 5 years old. My partner in particular really struggles to like him and get along with him and is very snappy. He thinks 'that kids not normal'. I agree his behaviour is a little oddat times but he had a mental health assessment with a psychiatrist who said he was only a little energetic. The school also struggle at times but admit he is getting better.. so the following are my concerns.. is this normal behaviour for a ten year old...

He always asks to leave the classroom to use the toilet. He at times has been known to do this 6 times per lesson. It's better than it was as they've started some system whereby he has only a set amount of times he can go. He does not have any urinary problems according to the gp

He always wants to be centre of attention and ends up being shouted at all the time because people get fed up with it

He always has to be the best at everything and makes up ellaborate stories about things that didn't happen at school.. eg he is the fastest runner Nd won a race etc I tel him it's not important to be the best at everything

He is constantly 'hungry' tonight he ate more than me and then wanted something else straight after. I felt sick I was so full on less! But it's constant it's like he's bored

He's always bored

He always asks silly random questions about really random things
He also asks the same question despite being answered over and over again

He talks all the time and I find it exhausting!

He has to know what we are doing when and where and asks over and over again despite being told

Every five minutes he has something wrong with him. He's hurt somewhere etc

So I know it sounds like I'm ranting but I am worried. Everyone is so snappy with him and it breaks my heart. I always snap at him and it's so heartbreaking but he is quite infuriating I just wish he didn't have everyone so cross all the Time

Any advice? Anyone else on this situation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->