11+6 bleeding and so scared

Kellysheree

Reaction score
I went to the toilet to pee and when I looked in the toilet there was blood, since then it's only been when I wipe.

I'm so scared, I know if it's a miscarriage there's nothing I can do but this is like Torture.

Has anyone had anything similar?

Was the blood bright red like fresh blood?
When you wipe is the blood red or brownish?
When its browninsh/pink its old blood and can happen at any stage in pregnancy but most common during 1st tri. This happened to me 1st pregnancy and everything was fine, i bled a little every day for a couple of weeks before it stopped completely.
I was advised that if it turned into red fresh blood then go to hospital for tests.

I had a bleed with my dd1 at around 12 weeks. There wasn't much blood & it was brown. I think it was from dtd. I had a scan & it was all OK. Fingers crossed it doesn't get heavy for you but get checked out if you are worried xx

I'd go to the hospital to get checked out. It's only going to drive you crazy. And if you insist on being checked, they'll be able to give you an answer either way now, rather than having to wait it out.
When I started bleeding a day before my 12 week scan, I phoned the EPU and was told to "wait and see". But I'm not the type to be able to do that, so I told them I was coming in and they did check my cervix and do a scan. Unfortunately, my story didn't end well but there are plenty that do. This doesn't need to mean miscarriage! But either way, don't wait to find out. For me, not knowing was the worst part of it all.

Go and get yourself checked at the epu, the worry will drive you mad.
Is it around the time that your period would have been due?
I hope all is well, please keep us posted!

Definitely go to hospital and get checked out. It can be perfectly normal to have bleeds during the first trimester no may women experience them with no other problems, please try to stay positive and go to the hospital to be checked xx

Thank you for your replies..

The blood is dark brown. And quite light. I haven't needed to use a pad and have nothing in my underwear, just when I wipe.
My OH is away until tomorrow night and I have two little ones who don't know about the pregnancy yet, as I waiting until today to tell them.

I don't know whether to go in or wait for OH.. I would rather wait, I'm petrified of bad news without him.

Subchorionic hematomas are the most common radiological "abnormality" and a cause of first trimester spotting. Also, your cervix can become quite irritable and bleed (spot) with sex or even just exercise (I had that scare early in my pregnancy). I don't think you need to be seen urgently unless the spotting becomes actual heavy bleeding, but I would contact your provider and request they see you for a viability scan. I had a miscarriage back in December of 2014 and so when I had spotting in the first trimester this time around, I freaked out and requested the viability scan. Otherwise, I would have had to have waited until the NT scan at around 13/14 weeks and I just couldn't bare the thought of that. If you think a scan will give you peace of mind, then that's what I would do. Good luck and sticky baby dust to you.

Thank you all for being so kind.

I have an ultrasound at 12 today, but I already know the baby has died. I'm still spotting and had occasional cramps now for 3 days. Also my tummy is flatter and symptoms have all gone.

Appreciate everyone's kind words.

How are you doing? I hope you got some answers today

My beautiful baby has a heart beat!! So happy right now 😊

He/she was bouncing around like crazy! Heart beat of 147 ..

Thanks for your support ladies

So glad everything is okay.

I thought I had replied to this thread but not sure what happened! I had a bleed at 12 weeks during my last pregnancy, a few days after I'd had my scan. It was brick red in colour - it didn't look like normal blood but it wasn't brown either. I panicked and got upset, but I was told they wouldn't scan me unless it got considerably worse. I stayed in bed for the rest of the day and it stopped.

I discovered that a small bleed at around this time, when the placenta takes over, is quite common. A loss of symptoms is actually normal too, as worrying as it might feel at the time. It's all to do with the transition into the second trimester. At least it gets easier once you can feel the baby moving! :)

Love reading threads with great outcomes like this one!

Auh-mazing!! So pleased for you. It's so scary bleeding in pregnancy but it doesn't always mean mc. Ahhh yippee! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->