11 yrs or 2 yrs ??? you decide (sorry abit long)

DonnaE26

Mum to 3 & Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi well i've got a little problem at home that comes in the shape of an 11yr old.For some reason my eldest has become a real bully and spiteful to her brother and sister about a week ago she bit her 6 yr old sisters face (red mark) as evidence ..Not sure why but i could hear them argueing..

And today right in front of me she pinched her brothers face i told her how ashamed and disgusted i am with her and she is grounded until i see fit to let her out again also i have conviscated her laptop and mobile phone and tonight she will spend the whole time in her room away from the rest of us ...But she didnt seem in the least bit bothered.

It's worse than having a toddler at home at least with them you can kind of get that they dont quite understand its wrong to hit/bite...

I'm at a dead end now though i just dont know how to punish her further so that she never does it again...She knows its wrong but just dont seem to care...

She might act like she doesn't care, but I'm sure she does.

:hugs:

I have an 11 year old boy that has completely changed these past few months, I dont know if it is a phase or something they go through at this age but he has turned into a cheeky little bugger, now he doesnt hit or anything (his little brother is only 16 months) but he has a stinking attitude and a bit of a gob on him. Maybe we should put them both in a padded room and let them be !!!! Lol Sorry I have no advice but I thought it would make you feel a bit better knowing she is not the only one and hopefully for both of us they will grow out of it. Maybe it is a pre-teen thing.

Lol thanks sabby...I think the padded room thing is a great idea..Its good to know we aint the only ones . Its so upsetting because she is normally so helpful and good.

:hug:

Yep Dan was the same, he was always asking do I need a hand, he would do dishes and clean his room (not bad for a boy) but now all he wants to do is laze around and give cheek to everyone. We will get through this together hun xx

when i was that age i went through the biting/hitting stage. i used to get sent home from school all the time.
dont really know what to suggest but i did grow out of it!

she is 11 yrs old, has she started her periods yet?

I don't have any children yet, so i'm not judging or offering any advice here but i can clearly recall my brother being the most annoying thing in the world when i reached puberty (we had an 8 year age gap) and would often loose my temper with him, i used to stand still and count to ten to avoid hurting him or lashing out.

It could well be a hormone thing
but an 11yr old biting does seem out of the ordinary
Is there anything going on at school? Is she being picked on herself?

Usually if things like this just start happening, there is a reason behind it
I have found that if older siblings just start being nasty for no outward reason it is because they can vent their anger at them and not at the people that are maybe picking on them out of the house
Hope that makes sense and you can find a solution xx

No she hasn't started her periods yet but that was my first thought she has been really moody lately.thanks everyone :hug:

Kayleigh hit those moody teenage years early as well. We're just coming out the other end of it now, and she's almost 16. It's been a hard slog, but worth it as she's turning into a lovely young woman (most of the time!!!:rofl:)

Well my eldest is 12 and she is always kicking and hitting her sisters i found the only thing that worked was telling her i was gonna fone the police cos what she was doing was sibling abuse it does exist as an offence anyway it has calmed her down somewhat .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->