12+4 but going to join on in second tri anyway!

bombshellmom

Momma of 2 DD'S and expecting DS in April!
Reaction score
Hello ladies! - I'm only 12+4 today and some of my apps are telling me I'm already in second tri - some say still first but who knows :shrug:

I have my 12 week genetic scan and blood test tomorrow so I'm super excited for that!! anyone else getting theirs soon or already had theirs? mind sharing your scan pics? :)

Welcome to 2nd trimester!!! My last ultrasound was at 7 weeks and next one in 2 weeks so I'm not much help there sadly! Have fun at yours and congrats! :)

I think a lot of women come over here around 12 weeks, even though I think a lot of places say technically "14 weeks" is 2nd tri, but :shrug: I think most of us kind of think of the 1st tri as 12 weeks! I've pretty much switched over here already as it's starting to be more relevant!

Yay for your scan tomorrow, share a picture if you can! I have my 12 week scan on Thursday! :) Congrats on 2nd trimester!

Welcome to second tri! I didn't have a scan at 12 weeks, so no help there, but congratulations!

Thanks for the welcome ladies! Sorry to the both of you that haven't had a scan yet :( I also had one done at 6+5 so we did see little bean but that's all. When are you all getting your gender scan if you plan on finding out?

daisyanne - I will definitely share my scan after having it done!! and yay for yours on Thursday as well! so exciting, would love to see yours too!

Yes! We are very excited to find out the gender! :) I'm much too impatient to wait lol

Had a dating scan at 8 weeks... Finding out gender this Thursday! So excited to see how big my little bean has grown!

Here is my 12 week ultrasound!! Baby is measuring 1 week ahead! No due date change I guess lol worried this baby will be huge. DD always measured 2 days ahead and was 8 lbs even - DH was 10 lbs at birth. Yikes

https://s23.postimg.org/5i3p8mivb/baby12weeks5days.jpg

This was my 12+3 ultrasound!

Attachments

• 36cfcd4182ab90a76b745c36e9528744ba9238af603bf51d31f598fe9066f3a0669d40051f4_500.jpg
    36cfcd4182ab90a76b745c36e9528744ba9238af603bf51d31f598fe9066f3a0669d40051f4_500.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 6
Awww! So, so cute!! :) They can be off 3-5 days in the early scans, right? so hopefully you won't have a baby the size your DH was! What were you at birth? It's my side that has big babies- I was over 9lbs. at birth and I was the smallest of my siblings! My son was 8lbs. 13oz. and he was a week early :wacko: (induced a week early for pre-eclampsia). I'm nervous about big baby, too!

Awww! So, so cute!! :) They can be off 3-5 days in the early scans, right? so hopefully you won't have a baby the size your DH was! What were you at birth? It's my side that has big babies- I was over 9lbs. at birth and I was the smallest of my siblings! My son was 8lbs. 13oz. and he was a week early :wacko: (induced a week early for pre-eclampsia). I'm nervous about big baby, too!

I was 7 lbs 13 oz but I was taken a week early because my mom had toxemia. and my younger brother was 8 lbs 15 oz I believe - so the thought is quite scary as I'm 5'2 and 115 pre pregnancy lol. I didn't have a hard time delivering my daughter at 8 but at the end I was so uncomfortable and miserable. That and my belly was so huge it hurt lol.
Guess we will see if we both have bigger babies this time around :wacko: was yours vaginal as well??

I find out October 6th!! I'm so excited that I check my calendar everyday!! The other day I was thinking it would only be 2 weeks until we find out but it's 3!

:wave: hi bombshell! I just thought I'd come on over to 2nd tri also! Lucky that you get a scan! My NIPT blood work was drawn today, but no scan. Oh well. Next scan won't be til the 20 week anatomy scan - already scheduled for November 4th! Seems so close but yet so far! Crazy to think that's the halfway point! Really glad to hear your appointment went so well!

Wilson - how exciting! I find out on oct 18th (gender reveal party!) we scheduled a private scan for the 17th of October otherwise we would have had to wait until the middle of November roughly - bleh!! what are yall hoping for?

bellarosa - Hey girl!! :flower: I'm sorry you didn't get a scan for your 12 week! that's the pits :( I would have gone crazy. Your doc doesn't check the fluid behind baby's neck along with the genetic testing? That's definitely crazy - we're almost there!! It really does seem to go by quickly even when it seems to go by so slow. Also, do you think you'll get to find out the gender when they call you for your test results? :)

Wilson - how exciting! I find out on oct 18th (gender reveal party!) we scheduled a private scan for the 17th of October otherwise we would have had to wait until the middle of November roughly - bleh!! what are yall hoping for?

bellarosa - Hey girl!! :flower: I'm sorry you didn't get a scan for your 12 week! that's the pits :( I would have gone crazy. Your doc doesn't check the fluid behind baby's neck along with the genetic testing? That's definitely crazy - we're almost there!! It really does seem to go by quickly even when it seems to go by so slow. Also, do you think you'll get to find out the gender when they call you for your test results? :)

Yeah... they said the NIPT completely replaces the quad screen and scan. Apparently there's another testing option around 15 weeks or so? But they said they're going to talk with me about that at the next appointment :shrug: I'm new to all this, as we denied all genetic testing for my DD (as it was presented to us as something that is only considered by people who would abort if there were an issue). I know exactly what you mean - so fast yet so slow! And yes, with this type of testing, we will get to find out the sex of the baby. So crazy to know so early! (So crazy to know at all!) We were team yellow with DD, so knowing what the baby is before it comes will be new and exciting! :)

I was 7 lbs 13 oz but I was taken a week early because my mom had toxemia. and my younger brother was 8 lbs 15 oz I believe - so the thought is quite scary as I'm 5'2 and 115 pre pregnancy lol. I didn't have a hard time delivering my daughter at 8 but at the end I was so uncomfortable and miserable. That and my belly was so huge it hurt lol.
Guess we will see if we both have bigger babies this time around :wacko: was yours vaginal as well??

Yep, I delivered him vaginally- I hear that bigger babies are easier to push, so maybe that's a bonus? haha. I didn't have any problems with delivery (just some tearing, but that can happen with any size). My brother was over 11lbs. at birth and they had to break his collar bone to get him out (mom had him vaginally and no pain meds :nope: yikes!!), but they actually have a different "maneuver" to get them out if their shoulders are too big now, at least, I paid attention to that part of my birthing class with my son because of my mom's experience, hahaha! :wacko:
My sister-in-law had a 7lb. boy, then a 10lb. 4oz. boy, then a 9lb. boy- so I know it can vary from kid to kid!

Wilson - that's what we are hoping for too! FX we both get to have our little prince's!! :happydance:

DaisyAnne - I hope that's true!! it was super easy to push DD out, I didn't tear even though the epidural semi numbed me I was able to feel pretty much most of the contractions (it felt sooo bizarre. I felt like my entire upper body was buzzing because the woman who did my epidural hit my nerve like 8 times I think it was.) I didn't know they had a new way to maneuver the shoulders out that's very interesting! You have your scan tomorrow, correct? :) :thumbup:

BellaRosa - how lame LOL. That's mostly the entire reason that I decided to have the genetic screening was because I wanted the ultrasound :rofl: didn't know you were team yellow last time! what was that like finding out when she was born? I don't know how you did it lol I'm totally trying to convince myself to not allow them to tell me the gender when they call with results (against MIL's wish to do the gender party) :haha: I'm super horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->