12+4 but going to join on in second tri anyway!

LOL Bombshell! I think it would kill me if my MIL was the first to know the sex of my baby!

It's funny you ask about my DD being "team yellow" - I always thought I'd find out the sex of my babies - I am a planner to the core! But, my husband was adamant that he didn't want to know. He said I could find out if I wanted, but don't tell him. How the heck do you make that work?!? So, I didn't find out with DD. I think I drove DH crazy when it came to planning the room, decor, baby clothes, etc. - because I am a traditional pink for girls, blue for boys kinda girl. I am NOT a fan of yellow and green/gender neutral. So... we painted the nursery a cream color, and I bought everything for both sexes. When she was born, my mom went to my house to do girl laundry to bring to the hospital. I (eventually) returned all of the boy stuff.

Honestly, looking back, it was stressful and kind of a nightmare doing all of those returns to different stores within the return window, etc with a newborn and all of the postpartum complications that I had. I mean, I wanted the baby's name over the crib, so I was making/painting/decorating letters, putting up curtains, art, bedding, etc. when I should have been sleeping/resting! I couldn't imagine doing it again with a newborn AND a toddler to take care of - which is why we're finding out this time.

Truthfully, it was WONDERFUL - and I didn't expect to feel that way. I LOVED the surprise in the hospital. When they placed her on my chest and I looked at her beautiful face, my first thought was, "She's too pretty to be a boy!" Then I asked - is it a boy or a girl?! And, of course, the midwife checked between her legs & said girl. :cloud9:

I'll probably cry a little when we find out this time... because when it comes down to it, I don't want to know. But, I know that for my own sanity, I need to find out this time around.

I would love to have a little prince! This is my first and I grew up around baby girls my whole life, only one boy but we are cousins and a year apart so I don't remember anything really! Having a baby boy would definitely be different for me and that's what I want! Two men protecting me!

Had my 12 week scan yesterday, all is well with baby! :cloud9: So fun to see the baby moving around, and my son was very intrigued! Hopefully the pictures show up!

And I asked them if they had a guess on gender yet (since this place has fancy equipment and can sometimes tell you this early), and the doctor said if he guessed now, he'd say boy BUT it's not super obvious with this baby yet, so we'll still have to wait and see! :winkwink:

Attachments

• sonograms12-17-15.jpg
    sonograms12-17-15.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2
  • sonogram12-17-15.jpg
    sonogram12-17-15.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads