12 days post labor

F0xybabe

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I know it may be hard to remember specifics from healing after labor, but if you can remember, how much had you healed 12ish days post labor? An what kind of birth did you have? (Tears, stitches, epi, c-sec, etc)

I'm really afraid of infection settling in as I infect easily so I'm just wondering what your experiences were. I know we all heal differently but I'm just curious.

I don't remember feeling pain at that point, only tenderness, though I didn't tear. I bled for more than two months though, and I was very tired and weak at 12 days. To avoid tearing it's very beneficial to not push if you can help it whilst the head is crowning, just hold back until your body pushes itself. Worked for me and my son has the world's most ginormous head! :dohh:

I tore so was still tender 12 days pp. I was bleeding for 2 months! Everybody is different!! X

Ooh I had a bad time but I was shocked with the aftermath as I didn't have much pain. My LO was back to back and the labour was loooooong :wacko:

Had a forceps and ventouse delivery and had a 3rd degree tear! I also had a catheter in as I had a retentive bladder before and after giving birth. I was just gritting my teeth for the weeks that followed it all but it was all fine:thumbup: I had a range of tablets given - antibiotics, painkillers etc and I took them for about three weeks after. I had hardly any bad pain down there and just made sure that I constantly kept it clean and washed all day. Within about 4 weeks I was back to my normal self again.

I would reccommend then - keep clean and dry, take painkillers if Docs don't precribe them like paracetamols or ask for pain medication and just take it easy. Not as much to be worried about as I thought, despite going through A LOT!

I'm 20 days post c-section and I'm just starting to feel like myself again! I was still on pain meds and hobbling around at 12 days! I had what I thought was a lump near my incision, come to find out it was just my uterus shrinking down.

I had a c-section and I was delighted to find I felt great after 12 days...had actually been feeling good before then...I'd ditched the pain meds after the first week as didn't need them, and I'd done some light yoga too I think. Was so pleased I'd opted for a section!

Pretty good! I had forceps and an episiotomy, my stitched healed in about 2 weeks :)
12 days PP it was probably tender but not sore :)

12 days I felt totally normal again .. I had a vaginal birth no stitches I was lucky my contractions were pretty much throwing her out and I had an epidurial so I didn't feel a thing I remember feeling like some one kicked me in the who haw once the freezing went away ... Bled for about 10 days straight

I felt completely normal 12 days PP. I delivered a 10.3 pound baby vaginally and had a small episiotomy and only a few stitches.

I didn't tear or anything at 12 days pp I was fine.

I had a fast delivery and old had skid marks, so no tearing. I was barely bleeding, but my hips were very sore. That was about it.

I had an epidural, and a 1st degree tear with a few stitches. If I remember correctly, 12 days postpartum I wasn't bleeding nearly as much, but I was still incredibly sore and I could feel my stitches. I used the pain relieving spray they gave me in the hospital for a good 3 or 4 weeks.

I remember very well how I felt. I had an easy delivery...7 hour labor, 15 min of pushing and only a first degree tear with a stitch or two. At almost 3 weeks pp I called the dr convinced I had an infection. I had been having pain, itching and burning. At 12 days pp I still couldn't sit, i was in a ton of pain and was convinced I was anemic as I felt like I was going to pass out every time I stood up for more than 2 minutes. I wanted to die. I was still bleeding and my incontinence was much better but not great. I was a mess!! I was slightly better at close to 3 weeks when I called my dr and they told me that it was normal and as long as it was getting better, even if the progress was slow, and not worse, then it was fine. They were right. I was fine..not anemic, no infection etc. It just took time and at 4 weeks I started to feel better and better and by 7 weeks felt back to normal. So everyone is different I guess. Once thing that helped was soaking pads in witch hazel and freezing them and then using them. Hope you feel yourself again soon! If you had any stitches it feels like an infection when healing (at least for me..itching)

I had a forceps delivery with an episiotomy (sp?) and epidural as baby was back to back and needed to be turned! It took about 4 weeks to heal and have no pain but about 2 weeks pp the pain was a lot better and I didn't need pain killers anymore the bleeding took longer to stop and only stopped at about 5 weeks pp!

I'm 13 days post delivery at the moment and I've healed great this time. I had 2 grazes, a tear on my muscle and my episiotomy from my first labour tore again. By this point after my first labour I still couldn't even walk, but this time my bleeding has already stopped and my swelling is completely gone. The only discomfort I'm having is from the torn muscle. I take a very bad reaction to stitches and I swell up like a balloon! X

12 days PP I still felt really bruised and sore. I had a 4th degree tear.
At 3 weeks PP I ended up back in the hospital with an infection though :(

i had a csec 11 days ago n i feel fine n pretty much bk to normal. i also went through labour to fully dilated before they got round to delivering my breech baby by section!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->