12 Days post last ever iui

Rags

Mother of 1 boy
Reaction score
Well, here I am, 12 days after my last ever attempt to have a little brother or sister for my dear little boy. I was so lucky to get him at 41 using iui and I knew the chances were more than a bit slim of having success a second time. I've not been testing at all, I'm sort of putting it off, while progesterone is holding the witch off and i'm not looking at a negative hpt I can do a pretty good job of convincing myself that it could still happen. I wonder how long I can get away with that?! I'll be 44 in a few weeks, seems like a good time to count my blessings and make the most of everything wonderful I already have.

Good luck to you all on you journey.

Update. I have stopped taking progesterone today, 14 days post iui number 6, plenty of time for something to implant if there was anything there. I have booked a wee holiday next week for my lo and I and am moving on with a smile on my face, no more trying to conceive for me. Good luck to all.

Thank you for your best wishes but it wasn't to be. Af arrived before I'd even missed my progesterone for the day, I'm the only person I know who's started a period while on progesterone. I'm sad that it didn't happen but on the positive side can now arrange a champagne breakfast for Christmas morning, got to find a silver lining somewhere! All the best to you on your journey. Xx

You're right, it's so easy to get caught up in a tiny bubble of af, scans, cycle day numbers. Heard myself telling a friend that lo and I could join her on her planned trip to Australia in 2014 before he starts school, wouldn't have been thinking about that if I'd got a bfp. How is your journey going?

I have a good friend who's marriage was on the point of breaking down because at 40 , although she had wanted a family, she didn't want to go through the whole ivf treadmill, her husband did. On holiday she resolved to leave if he continued to press for this. A month and a half after coming home she realised she hadn't had a period, her lovely little girl is the same age as my lo. Her fertility issue was male factor and they'd been told there was no way of conceiving without assistance.
I wish you all the best and hope you get a wonderful BFP very soon.

I never wanted to go down the IVF route, it would have been my next option but I feel it would be removing me emotionally and physically from my lo. If I'd had a dh I would quite happily have had some fun continuing to try but I don't have that choice.
I'm really good this weekend, we''ve had a lovely time decorating gingerbread houses, and eating them. I'm going to finish off packing shortly and plan to put a sledge in the car in the hope that we''ll get some snow. I really am counting my blessings. When I first decided to try for a wee one I new that I had a very slim chance and was completely prepared to not get anywhere, I had a lovely life. I was so lucky to get to where I am now. This is a very good time of year to move on.
I'm sending you heaps of baby dust and am a willing ear if you need to know anything about iui.
All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->