12 week scan and found 2.6cm right corpus luteal cyst

Romy

Reaction score
Hi

I had my 12 week scan last Friday and baby looks fine but they found a 2.6cm right corpus luteal cyst on my ovary.

This is my second pregnancy, with the first pregnancy no morning sickness but with this I've been suffering from morning sickness since 6 weeks it's been awful :(

The sonographer said it's quite a good thing as it gives more hormones to baby before the placenta fully takes over!?

I've got a consultant appointment on 13th Dec to discuss it.

Has anyone heard of this of been feeling the same?

Hi,
Yes. I had a corpus luteum cyst in my 1st pregnancy. I was also told it was there until the placenta took over. X

Did you have morning sickness? X

No, but I know when you have morning sickness, its a very good sign as its all to do with lots of hormones being in your system. X

I had one, huge ones, w both my pregnancies :). ... Its actually a good indicator of a healthy pregnancy...providing the baby needed hormones! They will start to get smaller as ur placenta takes over!

And yes i had horrid morning sickness in both pregnancies the entire time... I still get sick and im almost 24 weeks!

Oh no I was hoping that the sickness would go soon :( it's really getting me down now :(

I have one too - at 10 weeks it was about 2.5cm. Waiting for scan next week to see what size it is at 13 weeks.

..... but no morning sickness. :flower:

I had one at my 12 week scan I was just told it would be re measured at my 20 week scan. I realised after that it hasn't and my midwife wasn't even worried about it

I had one on my right, from what I've been told they help support the pregnancy by producing hormones until the placenta takes over?
As for MS I'm 14 weeks ( my ticker is out a little ) and I've still got it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->