12 week scan! EDD pushed back.

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Finally had my 12 week scan today! Going off the midwives EDD at my 10 week appointment, I should have been 13 weeks today. However, after seeing that baby had a heart beat and was laying in the incorrect position for measurements (resulting in me taking a 10 min walk to make baby move), we finally learned that baby is measuring at 12 weeks exactly. So I still have one more week of first trimester left.

Baby was looking healthy though and gave us a good few stretches after being woken. It kept stretching its legs out. Sadly, I have been surrounded by family and friends having miscarriages recently so I had convinced myself we'd not see a heart beat today. Seeing that little heart flickering was the best moment. I feel so relieved now. Got a private Gender Scan booked in 5 weeks time and the 20 week scan in 8 weeks. I feel like I can finally start enjoying the pregnancy now. New EDD: August 19th.20220204_112143.jpg 20220204_124341.jpg

-AussieBub

Hello precious baby. Glad everything is going well and you saw a heart beat and movement. Congratulations

Thanks ladies, im really happy the baby is healthy and growing nicely. The only downside of the scan is almost everyone who was guessing a girl before the scan is now guessing boy lol.

I know that's not really a downside but I'm kinda hoping it's a girl because this is likely our last baby and I've wanted to give my daughter a sister since the day she was born so... Even though I've been saying it's a boy since the start, everyone telling me it's gonna be a girl was giving me hope that I'd get to give my daughter a sister.

At the end of the day, a healthy baby is the most important thing so regardless of gender, I'll be happy. I'm just not gonna pretend like I don't have a preference is all.

-AussieBub

Aww congratulations on your scan. Fingers crossed you get your girl, but like you say I'm sure another little boy will be just as loved.
I have 2 girls already and part of me wants another girl, the other part would love to see what it's like having a son. This is our last baby too.

Congratulations.
My 9 year old dd has desperately wanted a sister but she ended up with 2 baby brothers which she loves dearly. We will be trying again soon and I know if we do fall she will be wanting it to be a girl but I've told her she may be our only princess and that makes her extra special.
I think deep down I wud love anther little man. But it wud be interesting having a girl to see my little girls face light up.
But at 42 I will just feel happy to fall pregnant with a healthy baby.

Do u have any other scan photos becuase I can't see the nub in the photos on here?
I'm usually good at getting gender right but need to see the nub.

Some people like to guess with skull but that has to be from 20 weeks so it's too early for that just yet.
I'm sure no matter the gender ure be supper happy. Pregnancy is so exciting.

Also regarding ure due date. U probably Ovulated later.
With my youngest I ovulated early on cd10 so at My 12 weeks scan I was put forward to 12+6 was so good only had to wait untill 14 weeks to join 2nd tri.
The first tri is always so worrying so it's always a great feeling finally getting to that 2nd tri. I still cuddnt fully relax tho untill I hit 24 weeks then I let out a big sigh of relief.
Can't believe I cud be doing this to myself once again. I must be crazy lol

Aww what a lovely scan picture, hope you get a little girl since that's what your hoping for. I have 2 girls and a boy so would be great to have 2 of each and for him to have a friend but as you say healthy baby is all that matters <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->