• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

12 week scan next week petrified after mc in june!!

strawberry19

me oh & Noah :)
Reaction score
so i have my first scan next wednesday and im petrified!! after having a mc in june at 6 weeks im glad to still be here but now im scared to death of discovering i have a mmc!! my symptoms have been on and off the last week or so but i do read that they may startto disapear around this time.. doesnt stop me worrying though!!!!...eeek!!! im trying to keep my mind off it and think everything will be okay but i cant help this niggling feeling in me!! anyone got any advice of how tto cope the next few days? i considered buying a doppler but now realise this isnt one of my best ideas!

Keep busy :hugs: I know it'll feel like a lifetime and going in to the scan will feel scary but that will melt away when you see you little flump bouncing around :)

Good luck for next Wednesday :flower:

hx

Yep, keep busy and take it one day, one minute, one whatever at a time. Best wishes to you!

I know exactly how you feel! I had a miscarriage in Ocober last year but I just knew from the start that something wasn't right. I was spotting continuously which quickly turned to full flow....the rest is history.:cry:

This time I have had no spotting apart from a tiny implantation bleed at the time of first af. I have 24/7 nausea, dizziness, sore boobs the works! However...I am still terrified of my scan next week in case they tell me its a mmc!

What makes it worse is that a close friend had ALL the symptoms until her scan and they didn't find out bubs had stopped growing until her scan.:cry:

I think after a loss, whether your own or someone close to you, you will ALWAYS naturally fret. I am trying to take it one day at a time coz I know no matter what happens, there is nothing I can do or nothing I have done wrong and I am just trying desperately to relax and think positive!:thumbup:

My scan is 16 December, when is yours?:hugs:

Sorry just saw that your scan is next wednesday, the 15th?:dohh:

Keep us informed, I'm sure we will both be proudly uploading our bubs first photos very soon!!!:hugs:

I had a miscarriage in June too and am now 14 weeks and 6 days. It is very hard not to worry, especially knowing that stress is not good for baby! I know you said you wouldn't get a doppler, and don't if that will make you worry more, but I bought one and listen to it to reassure me. I have not been able to find the heartbeat several times, but when I can't find it after a few minutes I stop and try again either a few hours later or the next day. Mainly just knowing I have the OPTION of listening is a big help, even when I don't use the doppler. It has saved my sanity as I have not had hardly any pregnancy symptoms this time and do not even feel pregnant!

Another thing I do is try to keep my mind busy. I read A LOT! If I'm busy with something or reading I find that I do not think about it, because at this point I am doing EVERYTHING possible to prevent another one, and I think positive thoughts help.

Good luck on your scan! :)

Just wanted to check in and see how your scan went?
I had mine yesterday and everything was perfect, even put me forward a day!!!
Hope everything was okay with you?

mine was fine too!! i got put forward a day to 12 weeks excatly so was very happy bunny bubs was very bouncy!! so so relieved now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->