12 week scan question

Emma86

Reaction score
So at my 12 weeks scan .. I was 12w4d .. the songrapher said
"can you lift your bottom up and shake your hips from side to side lets see if we can get HIM moving"
can they even tell at that stage or do just a figure of speech ? I keep going over and over it in my head. Scan pic attached .
thankyou

Screenshot_20200218-142142_Facebook.jpg

At my 8 week ultrasound, where it's definitely impossible to tell the gender yet, the sonographer said "and there's the little guy". I've also seen it in several YT vids that despite not knowing the gender they would refer to the baby as "he", "his".

From what I've read, it's definitely possible to tell gender at 12 weeks in a lot of cases, if the sonographer gets a good angle.

If I had to take a guess from your ultrasound pic, I'd guess boy though! :)

At my 8 week ultrasound, where it's definitely impossible to tell the gender yet, the sonographer said "and there's the little guy". I've also seen it in several YT vids that despite not knowing the gender they would refer to the baby as "he", "his".

From what I've read, it's definitely possible to tell gender at 12 weeks in a lot of cases, if the sonographer gets a good angle.

If I had to take a guess from your ultrasound pic, I'd guess boy though! :)

Thankyou for taking the time to reply to me :)
your boy guess is interesting, Iv put the pic in about 10 groups and had around 40 guesses of girl, your the first person to say boy :)
Im having a scan at 16 weeks due to medical reasons im hoping they will be able to tell me then. I have 3 boys already so im already thinking boy myself although a girl would be amazing.. but either way aslong as baby is ok thats all that matters :)
its just being going around in my head what the sonographer said lol didnt think to even question it there and then lol but imediately after was like dam why didnt i ask haha xx

Figure of speech I'm sure. Even if they thought they saw something it's not very accurate at this point anyway:)

Probably figure of speech! I didn't find out with either of mine and 'him/he' was just easier to say sometimes lol. They also said it at scans and one did say that she just says he all the time.

Probably figure of speech! I didn't find out with either of mine and 'him/he' was just easier to say sometimes lol. They also said it at scans and one did say that she just says he all the time.

Thankyou :) xx

It's a figure of speech. They usually use one or the other.

Id guess boy

But yeah just a figure of speech. I had a 34 week scan yesterday and they had only looked at his head and the sonographer said "she"....hes definitely a boy. I think some just say he or she so they dont have to say "it" lol

Id guess boy

But yeah just a figure of speech. I had a 34 week scan yesterday and they had only looked at his head and the sonographer said "she"....hes definitely a boy. I think some just say he or she so they dont have to say "it" lol
thankyou xx

My last pregnancy the ultrasound tech told me at 12 weeks 2 days that it was a girl and she was 90% sure but wanted me to come back for confirmation anyways. I did go back for confirmation at the normal time for gender viewing and she is in fact a girl. Saying this though it could just be a matter of speech! I hope you get what you want!

My last pregnancy the ultrasound tech told me at 12 weeks 2 days that it was a girl and she was 90% sure but wanted me to come back for confirmation anyways. I did go back for confirmation at the normal time for gender viewing and she is in fact a girl. Saying this though it could just be a matter of speech! I hope you get what you want!

thanks huni xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"