12 week scan today

Joybell

Reaction score
If:
1. We can get there and
2. It's not cancelled

I'm in Scotland and due to go for 11am to Livingston. Twitter saying all outpatient appointments currently running as planned and no phone call yet. Still on a red warning for snow til at least 10am though. Husband confident of driving there, its not far so we are going to go. Dreading the cancel phone call or worse getting there and being sent home.

Fingers crossed! It'll be weeks for a new appointment I bet.

Also schools closed so having to bring my five year old which apparently isn't normally allowed. Hope that doesn't cause an issue either

Joy x

I think given the circumstances they won't mind your wee one being with you. I was supposed to have my booking appointment yesterday though and whenever I finally got through was told they had to reschedule until next week. I would call first before yous attempt to drive. My hubby is a really confident driver in the snow, we have a Mitsubishi Outlander 4 wheel drive so it handles it easy, but it's other drivers that worry me during these times! Good luck, I'd definitely call first though x

Yes I've been calling but the number is constantly engaged or ringing out- so frustrating! My guess is their reception staff are just inundated with calls cancelling or enquiring just now

Yes no doubt. When I got through out of my whole surgery only the receptionist had made it in by that point, poor lady was stressed out her mind! Hopefully its fine and you get to see little one today! Xx

I think it’ll be cancelled as an non emergency. They’ll be pulling staff from non emergency services to put in wards and inpatient services if inagine. I’m in Edinburgh and work in the western and my Mum hasn’t been able to travel to work either (she’s a charge nurse) as buses etc off and too dangerous to drive.

It went ahead! We got them on the phone and they told us to come as one sonographer had made it in. Arrived and ward was v quiet, just us and one other lady. We were seen ten mins early and all was great. They did a fab job.

So relieved and pleased

Ah brilliant news!

I am glad your scan went ahead, mine didn't. It s not that it got cancelled ( actually it did but the midwife told me to ignore that cos I need to see a doctor and that wouldn't be possible the time I rebooked it) I just couldn't get there, even thought I live quite close. We had to tell our daughter as well cos the school was close and she would have had to come with us. Anyway I got it rebooked for Tuesday morning but it I was gutted..

I read your thread and felt for you Amesythe. I actually have no idea how or why mine went ahead but for some reason we just got lucky (which never happens!). It was on the worst of the snow days and it looks like all other non urgent 'procedures and clinics' have been cancelled in my region since then.
We had to take my son along too. We had him with an iPad and headphones so he wouldn't be hopefully paying attention til we told him to look at the screen. Wasn't the way we wanted to do it but no real choice.

Fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow! Give us an update.

Joy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->