12 weeks and spotting :(

Peanutt

Reaction score
I just noticed brown spotting on my underwear. Also have it when wiping. I had cramping last night and the day before but none right now.
My periods start without cramping and with brown spotting. I'm so scared. :cry:

I left a message with my doctor and am waiting for a call back.

Spotting in pregnancy is always scary. I'm sure everything is fine but if you just go up to the hospital I bet they will have a look at everything and make sure it's all good! Probably better to do that then you can ease your mind. Good luck!

Don't have experience of this myself but having lurked on this forum for the last three months I've seen this happen so many times and really don't remember seeing anything other than a positive outcome when it's been brown spotting...that's probably not very reassuring right now when you just want answers but I guarantee a lot of ladies will back that up. Thinking of you xx

I had a huge bleed at 12 weeks, to the point that both I and a Doctor that examined thought I was having another MC. I had a scan a day after being admitted to hospital and found out that I had an SCH.

What you're experiencing could be something similar or it could just be spotting. Like a pp, spotting is pretty common and a lot of ladies go on to have healthy pregnancies. I had a large SCH, bled for 4 weeks, and expected the worst. However, as I type this, I'm now 32 weeks pregnant and can feel my LO wiggling away.

Try not to panic too much just yet, as bleeding doesn't always mean that something is going wrong. Hope you hear back from your Doctor soon x

My doctor called back and didn't seem concerned. I'm weaning off of progesterone too and have read a lot of stories of women spotting when stopping progesterone.
Doc said brown blood isn't a concern but to call if it turns pink or red or if I get a lot of cramping with it.

Still scared though. My MC last year started with brown spotting. Ugh! I'm so sick of stressing about this pregnancy! :cry:
DH is out of town and not answering his phone so I'm left to sit and spin on my own. :cry:

I had a lot of spotting this time, midwife told me unless it fills a pad don't worry......easier said than done :( sending my love xxx

I had lots of brown spotting throughout my entire first trimester with my son and it was nothing compared to the bleeding I had with my MCs. The bleeding was only when I wiped and only a little in my underwear. With my MCs it was bright red, so much I needed to wear a large pad and had clots. I think you should be fine, it is probably from your uterus stretching.

I also think I had more brown spotting on days when we :sex: (sorry for the tmi but had to throw that out there) :winkwink:

Just to update everyone..
I spotted for about 4 days. Only the first day was enough to stain my liner. The other days were when I wiped. I was also coming off of progesterone at the same time which, from my google research, it's common to spot then.
I haven't had any more spotting. My next appointment isn't until the 16th. So I think I'm okay. I hope I'm okay.
I'll update again after my appointment.

I had spotting for 3-4 days at 13 weeks when I wiped (once it was more after a bowel movement - would have been enough to stain a liner). Scary times, as I had also had 2 losses that year. Am 30 weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->