13 DAYS LATE AND BFN! give me hope!

motherphoenix

Reaction score
Okay so. Me and my boyfriend aren't exactly trying. But I want to have kids BAD so when I missed my period and got brown spotting instead (a day early) so increased my poas and baby forums obsession. I love these things lol I've seen so many people with my symptoms end up with bfps but I just keep getting negatives. I don't have many symptoms and I learned from my last false alarm not to give myself symptoms. My boobs are a full size bigger. They don't hurt. I never am late and if I am it's just no period no spotting. And it always comes. I just now started being like exhausted no matter how much sleep. I always pee a lot cause I drink a lot of water. I'm very fit I was getting up early every day to lift now I'm like why lol yesterday I could barely force myself to eat a free gourmet breakfast and that's not me I love food. I was wanting to be so bad.

Basically just getting on here to hear from you guys experiences and thoughts. Anyone get a really late bfp? Do my symptoms and familiar? Pray for me!

Thanks guys!

Hi there,

There are women who never get early BFPs and have to wait a few weeks to get one (my friend never gets a BFP before 6 weeks), but what is more likely is that for some reason your ovulation was delayed this cycle (fluctuating hormones could also explain your symptoms), which will delay your period. What type of protection are you using? Could you have had unprotected sex around the time you'd usually ovulate?

If I were you I'd wait another week or so and if still no period or BFP I'd go to the doctor and see what they say.

Good luck with whatever outcome you and your boyfriend are hoping for!

Hi there,

There are women who never get early BFPs and have to wait a few weeks to get one (my friend never gets a BFP before 6 weeks), but what is more likely is that for some reason your ovulation was delayed this cycle (fluctuating hormones could also explain your symptoms), which will delay your period. What type of protection are you using? Could you have had unprotected sex around the time you'd usually ovulate?

If I were you I'd wait another week or so and if still no period or BFP I'd go to the doctor and see what they say.

Good luck with whatever outcome you and your boyfriend are hoping for!

Thanks girl I'm waiting for my next period then I'll go to the doctor. I was on bc. It's either the few days I missed ( which I think happened right around ovulation) or the antibiotics I took toward the end. I'm not in bc right now cause I'm waiting for af. It's the big boobs (not complaining but it's never happened) and the discharge/sporting that made me feel like I might be. I'm a fitness competitor so peeing all the time being Moody hungry etc is nothing new for me. I always said I'd have trouble deciphering when the time came that I might actually be preggo. I'd be so happy if I was! I think I'm giving to start telling tomorrow to track based on what people say here in case I ovulate this month! Thanks again!! I'll keep you guys updated!!

If you just went off birth control then it's likely that's why your period hasn't arrived and also explains the symptoms you're experiencing. After coming off birth control your hormones can take as long as 6 months to normalise and in that time they can fluctuate wildly having all sorts of effects on your body and give you highly irregular periods. Depending on the pill you're on, they can stop you from ovulating by controlling your hormones properly. Have you had a breakthrough bleed since stopping the pill?

If you're going to start tracking I highly recommend a website like Fertility Friend to keep track of your cycle. It is really useful for spotting your patterns, to see if you're regular or irregular in your cycle and to see if there is a usual day in your cycle when you ovulate, but I'd use back up protection until you have figured out your pattern, unless you and your boyfriend are serious about TTC.

Good luck.

HI
I mc last year and i didn't get a bfp until 8 weeks, i pray all goes well!

If you just went off birth control then it's likely that's why your period hasn't arrived and also explains the symptoms you're experiencing. After coming off birth control your hormones can take as long as 6 months to normalise and in that time they can fluctuate wildly having all sorts of effects on your body and give you highly irregular periods. Depending on the pill you're on, they can stop you from ovulating by controlling your hormones properly. Have you had a breakthrough bleed since stopping the pill?

If you're going to start tracking I highly recommend a website like Fertility Friend to keep track of your cycle. It is really useful for spotting your patterns, to see if you're regular or irregular in your cycle and to see if there is a usual day in your cycle when you ovulate, but I'd use back up protection until you have figured out your pattern, unless you and your boyfriend are serious about TTC.

Good luck.

I have read that. Ive gotten off the pill fifty thousand times in the last 10 years and never had a symptom. I got off it like the last 2 days when the pills don't do much which is what I always do just out of laziness and it usually just comes. I've had break through bleeding before too. It was red. I guess we'll just find out. I know all the reasons why it could be late and for my symptoms. I know I'm not ill. I have read like 10 of these with someone with a similar situation so I decided to sign up hoping I would hear from one of them.
No such luck lol

Bfp!!!! 23 days late doctor says I'm 6 weeks :) he also advised me to get off these forums he says it stresses women out listening to a bunch of other hormonal women's medical advice lol but I wanted to update you guys!!!

Congratulations. I hope your boyfriend took the news well.

Forums like these can cause stress it's true, but I think on the whole, they are wonderful supportive places where you can meet other women on the emotional crazy roller coaster you are on and make lasting friendships. We all need someone to talk to as we go through pregnancy and that's what makes these places great. So if I were you, I'd stick around a bit and see if it was helpful or not before making up your mind. Pregnancy can be a hugely emotional and turbulent time and it's never a bad thing to have people on your side cheering you on and offering sympathy (and yes, experience - first time pregnancies can be wrought with worries that other women may be able to comfort for you in a way a doctor can't).

I wish you lots of luck.

I would also maybe think about editing your post. It's rather dismissive of everyone here when people have only tried to help you. Maybe I'm the only one who took it that way (having been trying quite a while now, with a handful of BFNs and AF looming tomorrow, today I am one of those hormonal women your doctor warned you about :haha:), but it's something to think about. I really did mean this in as kind a way possible while still trying to be constructive. And I really do hope you have a happy and healthy nine months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->