13 month old not walking yet

queenv77

Reaction score
My son just turned 13 months, and is showing no signs of walking or even wanting to! He cruises, but that's the closest he gets. My friend's kids that are his age are walking, some are even younger than he is and they're walking! I walked at 10 months, we tend to pretty early in my family... my husband's side I don't know though... He is really tall/big for his age, I'm wondering if that might be a factor. I know he's not technically "behind" yet, but it kind of feels like he is...

Hi, my daughter did not walk till 16 months! My niece who turned 1 in Feb just started walking last month.I have also had an early walker at 9 months! Which was weird b/c she was born with Hip displasia so we didn't expect her to walk till later. I really think babies will walk when they want and as long as they are still hitting their other milestones they are fine! If you are concerned though you should make a appt with your ped. Blessings to you and your family.

Megan didnt take her first steps until 14 months and within a few weeks was walking all of the time - she wouldnt crawl anymore. It happened very quickly & before it happened she hadnt shown any signs of starting anytime soon.

It will happen!

Hi! This is perfectly normal. LOTS of babies don't walk until older than 13 months. Lots! Don't even think about it.

My son has been late to do everything!! He didn't even crawl until he was about 10/11 months old. We were all really early to walk and talk in my family so it came as a bit of a shock to me!! My friends daughter has been walking since 10 months and she's way more advanced than my son is!!
However, my son is really healthy and happy and I figure that's the most important thing. Luckily I don't have any competitive friends but my parents sometimes have a dig! I just ignore them because it means nothing.
I know a girl who didn't start talking until she was 2 1/2 and then came out with complete sentences. She was also really late walking (around 15/16 months) and she's a pretty intelligent 10 year old!!!).

my boy w ho is 13months has been cruising for ages, started to take a wobbly step bubt now has given up and wont even try! we thought he would be waking b his first bday!! he will use his walker to walk, if we put him in the right position to do so, but wont try and walk himself.
x

Ruby walked 2 weeks before she turned 18 months. And so did my friends little girl. The normal range for walking is 9-18 months, so 13 months is well within that.

13 months is early for walking. My little girl was very shakey in terms of confidence and walked holding a fingertip to start with, then took her first independent steps (could do about 5 steps before falling and couldn't get back up without leaning on something to pull up). Within 3-4 weeks she has gone from the few shakey independent steps and needing to pull herself up, to speed walking and getting up from the floor to standing without any pulling up on things. So it really it a very quick turnaround from cruising to walking with the tiniest support to walking a few steps to walking properly.

So don't even worry about it! I know of a baby who only started pulling to standing and cruising at 12.5 months, and that's normal too!

My LO has only just started to walk unaided in the last few weeks, and he's 18 months! Like you I was looking at other kids who were younger than him and seemed to have been walking for ages, and I was worried. I needn't have been concerned though, he's off running around like a rocket now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->