14.12.14 today is my due date...not even a twinge!

Baby2012

Reaction score
So yeah I'm due today and I've tried everything but my little lady is obviously not ready. I am though and I'm totally fed up. Even woke hubby up at 4:30am to dtd and she still inside. Snugs as a bug.

Had a unsuccessful sweep in Friday but Mw said my cervix was almost paper thin she just could reach the back (?) to sweep & see how dilated I am but she guesses 2/3 cm.

Been loosing it's of my plug - albeit small pieces for a week. Lots of bh's but just no baby. She's so engaged they can barely feel her head.

Anyone else due today? :coffee: x

I'm not due til next Saturday but I understand where your coming from. Hopefully something happens soon for both of us

I'm overdue but they bought me forward 5 days from my 9 weeks scan. I am pretty sure my initial due date (today) was correct based on when we dtd.

Nothing here just lots of tightenings and as you have I've been losing a lot of my plug.

Very fat and fed up! Not been offered a sweep but have an induction booked for Tuesday. I hope it comes before tho.

I hope your baby arrives soon x

I hope things start up for you soon. Can't be too much longer now! :)

You never know what may happen! Still got time to go into labour today! Xx

Thanks for letting me moan ladies!! Surely the universe is fed up with my moaning too and makes today the day!!!!!:haha:

Carhar I hope today is your day too, 5 days must be tough. Big hugs. How will they induce you? Gel? Drip?

Afm - I'm having very mild period pains and currently bouncing on my ball. Will have a hot shower and then walk uo and down the stairs, two at a time (omg how mad do I sound lol) I have another sweep booked tomorrow but hopefully I won't need it:happydance:

I'm now 8 days over however I know I ov'd late and b know exactly when we dtd so i anticipated them bringing the dates forward would lead to me going 'past' the dd. (Because it wouldn't be past the actual due date if going by when we dtd and likely conception)

I'm waiting in house today as on call midwife said they might have time to stop by and do sweep (looking unlikelying now!)
If not will phone MW tomorow and ask for one. Got another sweep booked for Tuesday and then induction booked on Thursday.

Hope things start for you all soon. I'm kind of anticipating we'll end up at induction on Thursday now!

Today is my due date from my calculations but my dr has me due Tuesday. I have exactly what you've described as period pains and plug loss. At my appointment last week I was 2-3cm dialated but have been like that for weeks now. Hoping the end is near for both of us! The night is still young and we can still have our babies tonight ;) or at least labor can kickstart anytime! Keep us posted as to how you get on xx

Morning ladies, gingerspice did you get your sweep?

Bmama any update?

I am totally fed up and yet to be fair I'm only one day over. My dates are pretty accurate as due dates can be so no worries there. I think it's because dd1 was early this wait feels like a lifetime. Also I really don't want a Christmas baby so I tvjnk I'm anxious about that.

It's my bday next week too and DHs a week later so I really wanted madam to have her own "part of December" or at least her own week. I know that sounds silly! Also with dd1 I had a huge build up to labour but with this baby nothing so I feel totally lost BUT like you ladies have said it can happen any day any moment.

I have another sweep today, hopefully it's more successful and my mw said I could get induced with gel this Sunday or maybe earlier because I'm so uncomfortable and anxious but I'm wondering if I'm being impatient. Obviously spontaneous labour is better for baby but my emotionally state is starting to fray! Xx

Xx

No, the on call mw obviously ran out of time /had home birth to attend. Will text MW this morn and see if any chance of one today or just wait until tomorrow scheduled one. Induction on Thursday though either way so it will be this week!

Thanks for letting me moan ladies!! Surely the universe is fed up with my moaning too and makes today the day!!!!!:haha:

Carhar I hope today is your day too, 5 days must be tough. Big hugs. How will they induce you? Gel? Drip?

Afm - I'm having very mild period pains and currently bouncing on my ball. Will have a hot shower and then walk uo and down the stairs, two at a time (omg how mad do I sound lol) I have another sweep booked tomorrow but hopefully I won't need it:happydance:

I'm assuming gel, but I've not read the leaflet yet. I keep hoping it'll come naturally!

I hope something happens for you soon x

Bmama any update?

I am totally fed up and yet to be fair I'm only one day over. My dates are pretty accurate as due dates can be so no worries there. I think it's because dd1 was early this wait feels like a lifetime. Also I really don't want a Christmas baby so I tvjnk I'm anxious about that.

It's my bday next week too and DHs a week later so I really wanted madam to have her own "part of December" or at least her own week. I know that sounds silly! Also with dd1 I had a huge build up to labour but with this baby nothing so I feel totally lost BUT like you ladies have said it can happen any day any moment.

I have another sweep today, hopefully it's more successful and my mw said I could get induced with gel this Sunday or maybe earlier because I'm so uncomfortable and anxious but I'm wondering if I'm being impatient. Obviously spontaneous labour is better for baby but my emotionally state is starting to fray! Xx

Wow, I could have written this post myself!! It was my b'day last Tues and didn't want the baby born on the 9th for that reason. Also, I'm praying she's not a Christmas day baby, poor little thing in years to come, it'll be horrible for her. The same as you too, I'm also expecting another girl with DD1 being born a week early so I've felt overdue for weeks!:dohh:

My ticker is wrong btw, I'm not due until tomorrow x

Oh I hope your sweep is more successful This time around! Don't feel bad about wanting an induction, I think we all feel that way at one point or another at the end of pregnancy. Our bodies have been through the ringer and we can see the finish line! I also want spontaneous labor to happen but there are times when we need to jump start our bodies into it. I am going to try some
More natural induction techniques but won't hesitate to ask for a sweep at my appointment tomorrow. I already have an induction for the 30th and my hospital won't budge once they make the appt.

I've been having contractions through the night so this might be the start of things for me. Not holding my breath but I have a feeling my little man will be here soon. Going to try and stay positive and get these contractions stronger!

I bought another pineapple today and munched some aftafter luncheck. Apparently garlic is good to trigger labour also but not sure I can stomach much garlic!

I bought another pineapple today and munched some aftafter luncheck. Apparently garlic is good to trigger labour also but not sure I can stomach much garlic!

I'm sure your midwives will thank you:haha:

Ha. Well I ate raw garlic yesterday for tea in a raw salsa mix I made. (And the pineapple at lunch)

This morn I had bloody show! Got sweep at midday so hopefully they'll be able to see where I am and do a 'uh-hmm' 'thorough' go.

I am aware though that with dd I had bloody show at 6am on wed and she was born 4 am on sat!!

She's finally here!!!!!

19th dec - 10pm - arrives at hospital examined at 10:30pm 2cm & given sweep
12:45 - returned contractions 3 mins apart lasting 1 min fully dialited & water broke on toilet
12:59 - went to birth room about to be examined but mw could see her head!
1:02 - her head fully visible born after 3 quick pushes on 20.12.14 XXXX

Gas and air didn't make pool. Again.!

Totally in love xxxzz

She's finally here!!!!!

19th dec - 10pm - arrives at hospital examined at 10:30pm 2cm & given sweep
12:45 - returned contractions 3 mins apart lasting 1 min fully dialited & water broke on toilet
12:59 - went to birth room about to be examined but mw could see her head!
1:02 - her head fully visible born after 3 quick pushes on 20.12.14 XXXX

Gas and air didn't make pool. Again.!

Totally in love xxxzz

Congratulations!

My little bit was boy was born on Wednesday at 12.09am. A quick labour on just gas and air too. Totally surprised it was a boy after we thought the sonographer had slipped up by saying 'she' and 'her' a couple of times x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->