14 week old not feeding as much as usual?!?

SarTheBear

Phoebe Bear's Mummy! xx
Reaction score
Hiya Ladies,

My LO was 14 weeks on Saturday and for some reason hasn't been feeding as often as usual this week?!?! Has anyone elses LO had abit of loss of appetite?? She seems happy and like her usual self but, just not feeding normally?!?!
She seems to want to feed more in the evening than usual but, alot less during the day!!

Any advice or info to encourage her to feed (if she needs to)/whether this is normal, would be greatly appreciated!?!

Thanks xx :flower:

Strangely I have the opposite ... my lo is 14 wks tomorrow and for the last 2/3 days has been cluster feeding all morning and afternoon until she's sick everywhere. HV has advised me to keep feeding her on demand but she doesn't seem able to regulate her appetite. She has been having the 3 month growth spurt so seems to have altered my supply but doesn't realise it! Maybe your lo has altered your supply and does realise it so just doesn't need to feed so often? Can't really help though tbh, other than keep an eye on nappies, fontanelle and her generally - good that she sounds fine in herself, if she's like Holly you know about it when she's hungry! Hope it settles soon.

Thanks for your reply Vix79! Babies are funny!! Phoebe has fed once really well since i posted my original post so, hopefully it means she is getting back to normal?! We shall see!!
She has also gone through a couple of growth spurts and left me unable to leave the house, we usually set up camp on the sofa in front of E4!
We have just gotten over our latest spurt so, maybe she fancied something else? I can only imagine you'd get bored of milk if that's all you ever ate/drank!!
xx

SarTheBear

Nothings wrong at all - all babies are different and she might just have decided to 'space' out her feeds a bit more. I've bf two babies and they were really different!!

5-6 wet nappies a day tells you all is well, and an alert and happy baby who is contented after MOST feeds is the best indicator.

Your baby instinctively knows what she needs, so keep feeding on demand, be proud and keep up the good work!

SarTheBear

Your baby also gets much more efficient at extracting your milk quickly, so don't worry if feeds get shorter too - she's just becoming an expert!

I am a trained bf support volunteer too, and the varaiation I see between babies is nothing short of amazing x

Weird, I was just saying to MIL that it feels like Helen has hardly fed the last 2 days. I think it's because we have been out and about and the world is more exciting than boob!! She seems fine so I'm just enjoying it :)

Thanks for all of your advice ladies! We were out and about quite alot recently and it would make sense for her to be more interested in the world!! Oh well!
She seems to be feeding better in the later part of the afternoon this afternoon, so, maybe she was just abit distracted?!?!
I also think she has has got more efficient too Stephybump2be, she was always pretty quick to be honest but, i think she has got even more so!!
Thanks again everyone! You've all put my mind to rest!!
xx :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"