14 yrs gap and petrifies

Hello:wave:

Im new too :) TTC aswell and there will be at least 10 years between mine, Im scared too, it's like i've never done it before :eek:

XxX

Hi all
My names Helen and i'm new to this site. i'm 7 wks and 1 day, this will be my second baby after a 14 year gap, i had blighted ovum 10 years ago so am really apprehensive it will happen again. i keep convincing myself that history will repeat itself, i've not really had many symptoms this time apart from sore boobs, which i had with my previous pregnancy with my daughter and i was also terribly sick, is it normal at 7 weeks to not feel pregnant cos i dont think i really do... its driving me mad its took 2 yrs of fertility to get pregnant i feel i should be really excited but i can't get my head round the fact that i am pregnant. i keep thinking that its died or something terrible. i've got a scan on thursday and i'm praying it'll be there still. should i at 7 weeks be feeling "pregnant" i'm a tad confused, maybe i'm in denial as i found my miscarriage last time so traumatic.
xxx

hello hun, think positive, welcome to bnb and hope your pregnancy goes swell.

:hi: Welcome to the forum! I have three sisters who are 20+ years older than me!

welcome, hope your scan goes well hun xx

hiya welcome to the addiction that is BnB

my oldest is 13 this year and my LO is 4 months ;) hope all goes well with the scan xx

Hi and welcome to bnb :) Stay positive :) xx

Hi and welcome to bnb! Hope everything goes well with your scan - apart from feeling tired and having sore boobs I really didn't feel pregnant at all until I started showing...every pregnancy is different, and I know it's hard not to, but try not to worry too much :D

thanks for those, put my mind at ease, with a 14 yr gap this feels like my 1st pregnancy and because i had a blighted ovum about 10 yrs ago i think history wil repeat itself it was really shocking to find out at a 12 week scan that there wasnt a baby and never was.
I had such bad morning sickness with my 1st daughter i'm expecting the same thing this time, but as i as only 17 the first time i didnt find out i was pregnant till 9 weeks and that was when the sickness kicked in, i read somewhere sickness doesnt kick in till prob 8 wks anyway. so think i'm just urging on the side of caution this time, i'm sure everything will be fine.
xxx

Hey, welcome! :wave:

Try not to worry about this pregnancy - keep thinking positive! I used to not feel 'pregnant' too for the first few months, right up until I had a bump and could feel it moving. At both my scans I was worried that there would be nothing there, even at my second after I had seen Anna at 12 weeks and kept my regular antinatals so knew she was growing, heartbeat was ok etc... I blamed it on my miscarriage and having seen an empty womb on a scan before, but I think I remember talking to the girls on here about that and discovering it's quite a common fear. It does get better, though!

As for the age gap... My mum had my brother 2 years ago, when I was 17 - and up until then I had been the youngest! She has another the same age as my daughter now and everyone gets along fantastically! I love having a younger baby brother and he obviously adores all of us older kids! :D You will be just fine with the pregnancy and delivery - I don't think it will be the same as your last -they say that after so many your body returns to it being like your first or something? And that was certainly true for my mother. Nevertheless, we all do it first once and we all do it fine! I had my first baby 2 months ago and it was a great experience, so you've nothing to worry about!

All the best and good luck with your pregnancy and your upcoming scan :hugs: x

:hi:

Welcome!

I think its natural to worry when a baby is so longed for and you have had a previous loss.

This baby is my second - my daughter is 14 in October!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->