14dpo, 9dp5dt BFP & bleeding, help!

hippiehappy

Yuri's mamma
Reaction score
Hello, just after a little advice.
I had a 5dt on Sunday 16th, yesterday in work I had a massive AF like cramp an thought it was PMS. This is my 2nd ICSI cycle (and the last one funded by the NHS for us) and I got so upset that all I could think of was how much I wanted a glass of wine. So when I got home I thought I'd test, just so I could get a BFN and have a glass of wine. Unbelievably, it was a :bfp:!
Tested again this morning, again a definite BFP.
Went out, sat down for just over an hour & when I went to the loo I found quite a bit of brown spotting, and wiped pink, it was a fair bit, basically the panty liner needed changing.
Went home, went to the bathroom again, wiped bright red. I've now laid down & put a pad on, hardly anything on the pad but what's there is red & I am still wiping red. I don't have camps and don't particularly feel like AF is coming, just the odd mild twitch (I ALWAYS get cramps before AF). Anyone has any idea of what might be happening?
Just wondering if that's ever happened to someone who's gone on to have a healthy baby?
We had 2 blasts transferred at 5dt and I've read that bleeding sometimes happens with multiples, but am I kidding myself? Is it more likely to be a chemical pregnancy?
I'm going a bit mad!
Thank you in advance for advice x

Hey hun

Didn't want to run and read but I've not experienced this. When was your official test date?

My otd is not till a week tomorrow. My stupid clinic make you wait till about 17 days post transfer to test which is annoying. I suppose this weeds out the chemical pregnancies to some extent but the reality is that if it's going to be negative it will be negative a lot earlier than that. All I wanted to know yesterday was whether it was a definite bfn but it isn't. Just not sure what to think, still spotting red now.
Thanks again for reading x

Hmmm I don't know then sweetie! My clinic made me wait 16 days before as they said if I tested early could be a false result. Is it a fresh or frozen cycle? Who are you under?

Sorry your bleeding hippy happy, unfortunately it could go either way. I got my BFP before OTD but by the time test day come round it had started to fade so I had a chemical. I also bled early on my first round which was ectopic. But also plenty of women have bled and gone on to have healthy pregnancies so it's just a waiting game.

I know how you must be feeling it's so depressing but hang in there xxxx

Hmmm I don't know then sweetie! My clinic made me wait 16 days before as they said if I tested early could be a false result. Is it a fresh or frozen cycle? Who are you under?

Hello Likklegemz, it's a fresh cycle. Unfortunately we have to use TESE :spermy: as DH has azoo, last time the fert rate was pants, this time it was great and 3 embryos made it to blast and 2 were transferred. Sadly the 3rd wasn't good enough to freeze and this is our last NHS cycle so I'm absolutely gutted. I'm at Old St Mary's in Manchester.

Bugs so sorry to hear you've had such bad luck with your cycles! Pretty sure it's not gonna be ectopic as my tubes were separated due to hydros.
The bleeding is not looking good and I guess there's some hope but I'm not really holding my breath tbh, it's very likely to be a chemical pregnancy.
Just wanted to ask you if you've had any private cycles in or around Manchester/ Merseyside and is there anywhere you would recommend?

Thanks to you both :hugs:

Hey hun

I'm at the women's and whilst the clinic is fab, my experience at the women's isn't great due toanother department so we were considering moving to care if we can get our funding relocated. I still have panic attacks every time I go there you see. Plus it doesn't help we've just had a failed ivf cycle and we have to wait 3 months for a follow up :(

Keeping my fingers crossed for you thou hun, it might be fine and like bugs said plenty of women bled and go on to hae a successful pregnancy keep your chin up! :)

I know what you mean the 3 month wait is not nice. I had my first BFN in February and the 3 monts wait would have meant having to have another cycle in June/ July, which i didn't really want to do as I wanted to have a nice Summer and not having to worry about it, go on holiday and just chill out which isn't possible if you just had a BFN!
I rang up at the end of July to request the cycle and started down regging in August so now I wouldn't be able to try in again till December but we'll have to find a clinic first as I don't think St Mary's do privately funded cycles. Sucks.
Anyway, thanks again x

Hi hippiehappy,

They say bleeding is common in early pregnancy. Apparently you only get to worry when that bleeding becomes heavy and accompanied with cramps. The fact that you had 2 transferred can be that you are loosing one and still have one or you are not loosing any at all!!! I had bleeding in my last pregnancy which ended in a 5 weeks misscariage while my friend had bleeding at 4/5weeks and she is about 15 weeks pregnant now. Just be positive and take it easy.

Thanks chichifab, it's not that light tbh but no cramps. It's just a big '?' atm!
I've NEVER had a positive test and I was so happy this morning, I couldn't stop looking at the test!
Will probably test again tomorrow morning, if it's not going to last I'd rather know asap.
:hug:

hippie, I'm so sorry your are going through this stress. First, I want to say that my nurse told me bleeding in early pregnancy is much more common with IVF. So, things could be just fine. Fx-ed!

However, it looks like you are asking for honesty, so that is what I will give you. Yes, I have had this exact same situation. On my fresh cycle, I had two transfered on day 5. I had positive hpts from 5 or 6 dpt to the day of my beta (9dpt). Unfortunately, I started spotting brown 8dpt and bleeding red relatively heavily on the day of my beta (even though I just had a positive test that day and was taking progesterone). The tests were not progessing like they should, so I had a feeling it was a chemical. My first beta was a lowly 13, followed by a 4 two days later. So, the chemical was confirmed. It didn't end well for me, but I really hope you have a totally different experience. Good luck! And I really hope I'm not freaking you out.

Hello S08, thanks for that. I definitely appreciate honesty and I think it's fair to say that it's more likely to be a chemical than a successful pregnancy + bleed.
It's just soul destroying after all we have to go through with IVF to get a BFP and that not even being the last hurdle!
Having said that, I am grateful for that BFP even if nothing comes out of it. I had a very blissfull 18 hours and don't regret it x

We have paid for all our cycles as my OH has children already so we don't qualify for NHS treatment. We had our 1st 2 cycles at the Women's in Liverpool and tbh I didn't have a good experience there. We spent so much money there and the treatment was pretty poor, appointments always late, never getting a reply when you call them I wish we moved clinics after the 1st go.

We've been with care since, I started with an egg share cycle but don't really want to do that again coz my AMH is pretty low at 8 so want to keep my eggs for me. I cannot fault care they are great and as much as it hasn't worked yet I've got every faith that they'll get me there in the end, we are just waiting on our immune test results before we go again.

Good luck I hope you keep getting that positive result xxxx

"Soul destroying" is a good way to describe it, hippie. Please keep us updated on how things progress. I'm am thinking good thoughts for you.

Thanks guys, you'e both been great help!
Bugs, Care is the clinic I had looked into too. They have the best success rates in this area which must mean something, but the fees are pretty insane!
We need to have ICSI and chances are we'd also need to transfer the TESE sperm from St Mary's so we'll probably be looking at around 4-5k and that's before the drugs! :help:

The bleeding's kind of stopped this morning. Yesterday afternoon/ evening there wasn't much in the pad but still quite a bit when I wiped, this morning not much at all :happydance: I'm not sure whether it's because I've been lying down all night but I will monitor the situation. Good job I'm working from home today.
I'll probably try not to POAS today and perhaps wait till Friday evening or Saturday morning, if it's still BFP then it will probably be more accurate.

Thanks again for your support xx

Thanks for thinking of me! I tested on Thursday morning and it was still positive, told myself I'd test again this morning but couldn't stomach it so it will probably be tonight or tomorrow morning now. Totally expect a negative now but will keep you posted x

Hey hun keep chin up! If it was positive on Thursday there's still a chance

Big hugs x x x

Thanks likkle! Changed my mind AGAIN and just POAS, the BFP is now super dark, MUCH clearer than it was on Tuesday or Thursday?!?! Is a WTF appropriate? I bled a fair bit on Wed, no cramps but both Tue pm and all day Wed is was a proper bleed, kind of stopped on Thu and by the afternoon I was only wiping.
You hear stories about decidual bleeding now I'm wondering if this is what thay was? It came on the exact day AF was due, which usually the case for decidual bleeding. Surely the FRER should be going fainter not darker if it was a chemical?
This is messig with my head so much it's unreal!
I am now 18DPO and 13DP5DT. Dare I really hope? :shrug:
I will post the FRER pics this evening so I can mess with your heads too, lol.
Thanks for all your support :flower: it's amazing to know people are rooting for you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->