15 and pregnant...looking for advice

Hazel2003

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Hazel...I'm 15 and I am about 13 weeks...so here's my story...me and my boyfriend Kaden have been going out since I was 14. We went to a party and we got a little buzzed we ended up having sex. It was my first time having sex with him. We didnt use a condom and well here we are. Kaden had just turned 17. I stay with Kaden and his family a lot. Because my dad travels for work. I used to live with my mom and step dad but moved in with my dad when I was 12. I moved because my step dad beat me so badly that I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks. I've been to the doctor at our local clinic but they said i need to start seeing a doctor that will b delivering the baby. I told my boyfriend about 1 month ago. But we havent told his parents or my dad. I'm really scared to tell them. My dad is the only family I have left. Any advice...I'm starting to show and hiding it with baggy tshirts but that's not going to work much longer.

My first pregnancy was when I was 17 and I was scared to tell my parents as well but ultimately as hard as it was to say, everything fell into place after that and I ended up wishing I had done it earlier. Hopefully everything goes okay, I know it's hard and emotions will be high when you tell them but sometimes people need time and will come around. I ended up having complications and losing that baby and I was glad to have support through those times.

Now 26 and pregnant again and told my mom immediately. I'm single and the fathers not around so even though I'm older I still had the same struggle. Though after a conversation with lots of tears she's excited to be a grandma again and is someone I can talk to.

Welcome. I fell pregnant with my first when I was 16, had him at 17. I told my parents by texting my mum and turning my phone off and second time around (I was only 18 still) I told them both face-to-face and it went so much better. It is of course a very difficult things but I really feel like the sooner the better because it does take a lot of parents a while to come around to it and I feel like the more time the have to process it, the better. My mum took a few weeks but my dad didn't speak to me until I was around 27 weeks but he had that time to process everything and as soon as he heard my son was born he took himself out for steak to celebrate. :haha: Good luck to you! :hugs:

Thanks for the support...I talked with my boyfriend last night and he thinks we should tell our parents this weekend. We are keeping the baby we decided that we just couldn't give up our baby. I'm still worried about how my dad and his parents are going to react to the news.

Better late than never hun, they may flip at first, but they will come round in the end, they have no choice;)

So we just told his parents they were disappointed but in the end that support our decision to keep the baby. We also told my dad he wasnt happy at all. He yelled at me and kaden about how we r so irresponsible. And that we arent old enough to raise a baby. And I should just give it up so it would b better off. So I packed my bags crying the whole time and told him I'm going to stay at Kadens and if he ever changes his mind he knows where to find me...I am really upset though my dad was the last family member that I had left.

:hugs: I hope your dad comes around. I'm glad you do have some support right now though.

Sending so much love. I'm sure your dad reacted out of fear and because he loves you.
My eldest is 13 and I know if she fell pregnant at 15 my husband would act the same.
Give him time and he will come round. Can you arrange to spend some time with your dad alone? Really talk to him about how you are feeling?
I had my eldest at 18 so a bit older but had only been with my bf 4 months. We're now married and have 5 children.
I believe everything happens for a reason.
You will be an amazing mother because you want and love this baby.
Have you managed to get to some support groups?
La leche league may have some local. Also some birth classes

How are you getting on now? I realize it's been almost a year since you last posted and I hope everything is alright :hugs:. I hope your little baby is doing alright as well. Did you have a :pink: of :blue:? :)

It’ll be okay ❤️ I’m 18 and pregnant! Embrace it I’m excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->