15 days late... help!

TravelGal28

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to babyandbump! I'm reaching out in hopes of getting some suggestions or personal stories if any of you have gone through a similar situation as I am currently experiencing...

I'm a 24 year old female in a long term relationship with my boyfriend. This past September I underwent a hysteroscopy with polypectomy to remove a polyp my doctor found in my uterus. The procedure went well and exactly one month after the surgery (on October 18, 2013) I got my period. It was a normal period and lasted about 5 days.

I went in to see my doctor on November 19, 2013 for a post op follow up. She examined me via transvaginal ultrasound (to also check on a cyst I had on my left ovary - which is now gone... yay!) She said that everything looked good and that I was healed well from the surgery.

Here's where my question(s) come in... it's now November 28, 2013 and I have still not got my period since my previous one on October 18 (according to my calculations I am about 15 days late)

I contacted my doctor to see if this was any cause for concern and she said I should wait 10 more days and if my period does not come, I should go see her then.

Is it possible for a transvaginal ultrasound to not detect a pregnancy if it's too early on? I feel confused as my first period after the polypectomy was "on time".

ANY insight is greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

If you are pregnant you should be able to take an hpt and get a positive. It is possible your cycle this time is just off

Have you taken a test? And it's possible to miss it if she wasn't looking for it and you implanted late

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->