15lbs at 4months, overweight?

xflashing

Reaction score
Im assuming my health visitor was just being polite in saying it was 'ok' as LO's following the percentile, but she made me feel uncomfortable about my babies weight, is 15lb's at 4months overweight?

cant see how Amelia is now I imagine over 14lb's now WI wasnt avalible this week so wont find out till next week and shes 3 1/2 months shes very long and thin

jack was 14lb 9 when he got weighed on 10th feb . violet xx

I don't think that's overweight at all, for a boy or a girl.

Lewis was 19lb exactly when he was 4 months old (16wks) and he's still getting bigger...... :shock:

I'm assured when they start crawling they lose any excess baby weight.

Daisy was weighed last week and is 16lb! so I don't think so!

I get Helena weighed today, and I am sure she is well over that. She will be 5 months next week.

Renah's 13lbs now and she's only 3 months. It really depends on their length too, cause she's not a chubby baby.

jacob was 16lbs at 19 weeks xxx

when jack was weighed at 5months he was 15lb then and my HV said that was just over but fine cause hes so long,

maddi was about 16/17lb roughly then. i wouldn't worry hon, sometimes my hv makes me feel awful about maddi, but she's just so long, and she's happy x

lol I hope not. I'm expecting Sam to be close to 14lb when he's next weighed. But he was a good size when he was born and a tall baby. x

*UPDATE* He's 15lb 2oz :rofl:

Your baby is fine. My little guy was born at 6lbs 11oz and 18.5". As of last week (almost 3 months) he was 15.7lbs and 24-1/4". Every baby is different. He is 90% in weight and 50% in height. Don't worry as long as you feel good about it. Babies like nutrition. Let them have it if they want it. Plus my guy is getting his tooth.... arg!

Katie was 14lb 8oz at 4 months. She's got the cutest chubby thighs. My HV told me that babies can't overeat and they will throw up if they take too much milk/food. Don't worry it sounds like a healthy weight to me - just right.

If it makes you feel better my LO is 14lb6oz and he's only 3 months old - he's very long though - going to be a tall one!!

My babies 19lb and 4 months, was born Oct 7th the Health Visitors told me today hes doing well x

harry is 15 lbs and he is only just 3 months! My HV said he is thriving. he was 9lb born and following the same percentile line on his chart, he is long too

I am a Home Visitor for Public Health and our message is ...you want your baby to double their birth weight by at least 6 months..a little over/under is no big deal. If your baby is healthy...don't worry about the number. Like some of the other ladies have said as well..some babies are long and that plays a factor.

Hannah weighed about that at 4 months, but as some of the other babies here she's extremely long. As long as LO is happy and healthy (and gaining weight) I wouldn't worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->