16 month old and biting!!

proud mummy

3 boys and pregnant
Reaction score
arrrggghhh my little boy goes to nursery and bites all the kids. When he is at home with me he tries to bite my big toe I tell him in a sturn voice "no bite" and look away from him he starts to cry for abit but then tries to do this again.

Im so embarrassed when the nursery staff tell me he has biten another child. What can I do to help him relise he cant do it and it hurts people??

Sorry I have no advice, I have a 15 month old exactly the same, and what is it with big toes?? he tries to bite ours to, he also bites his own clothes when he is taking a temper, the advice I was given was to bite him back!!!! Dont know if I want to do that.

see i have read somewhere to do that but then aint you just showing him that it is ok to bite :rofl:

I dont know what else I could do except tell him no.

God this is where your parenting skills really come in dont they i just feel awful when he crys i just want to cuddle him thats why i have to look away.

im a nursery nurse hun dont worry hun you wont be the only parent of a biter.
the advice i have been told that works is to bite them back also, a time out area for a minute or so may be helpful and you could maybe ask the people at the nursery to tell you what they do when he bites at nursery so you can do the same at home or vica versa if u have a method u want them to do

Lou
xxx

My daughter did that at about 18 months, she actually drew blood on my dad and my mum told me to bite her back, i felt bad doing it but she realised that it bloody hurts and never bit anyone again.

My daughter did that at about 18 months, she actually drew blood on my dad and my mum told me to bite her back, i felt bad doing it but she realised that it bloody hurts and never bit anyone again.

i may have to try that just to see if he reacts although i would feel awful doing it

i was a biter and my nan bit me bk i never did it again, meeeeeeeen nanna lol

lilly bites now she bites my big toe also lol, i tell her no but she still does it, and if i cuddle her she bites my shoulder.

My mum bit me back, and I don't remember it? So it can't be that traumatic. Although I'm dreading ever having to do it myself. Good luck!

riley bites my toes and thinks its funny havent got the heart to bite him back dont think he fully understands what hes doing but will do if he carrys on

Someone on here suggested that when LO goes to bite you could put there hand in their mouth?? Not sure if it works but worth a try?? x x

Someone on here suggested that when LO goes to bite you could put there hand in their mouth?? Not sure if it works but worth a try?? x x

mmmm sounds like a good idea i may try that before i bite him back

Tom's a biter. Mostly it's Charlotte he bites but occasionally he has bitten my friends children. :blush:

I've tried biting him back several times to no avail. I've tried the stern "No" and looking away. I've tried smacking. The only thing that is working for us is the naughty spot and making him say sorry. Things *touch wood* are improving at last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->