18 days late, brown spotting at time of period, cramps and negative HPT

Gelato

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

I'm new here, so please forgive me if I'm not quite up to speed on how the site works! Am relieved to have read quite a few people are in the same boat!

I recently went off the pill due to side effects, and had one normal cycle the following month (Dec). Jan I was due around the 26th, however all I got was about 5mls of brown spotting/discharge over a couple of days. I'm wondering if I just didn't ovulate and so my body had the lightest form of AF I've ever seen (due to travel/getting sick/stress). My husband and I were away at the time, and I may have overlooked an 'unprotected' moment, even though we were as careful as could be.

However, if that was not actually a period, perhaps the one time my husband and I had unprotected sex was enough (I know, I know, once is enough, lol). Although I was already far, far overdue when that event occurred (Feb 4th).

Now I'm 18 days late (figuratively speaking) - I've done two hpt's, both negative (Jan 30th and Feb 3rd), and am considering doing another one on Feb 14th.

Any advice from women who have gone through the same thing and have been pregnant (or not) would be wonderful! I know I'm not alone, but it's the waiting for AF to show up that gets you wondering what's going on (as we are not TTC at the moment).

Sorry if my story's a bit all over the place!!!

:haha:

I would say test to be on the safe side, but it is probably just your body getting used to going back to normal. I had a few times like that when I switched from the pill to the Nuva ring and when I got off of BC all together. It is actually common to have very light bleeding right after dropping the BC. If you do not get a bfp you might want to start tracking your cycles. My days is a free and very good app that helps with that. It helped me see when my cycles had finally gone to my new normal. I want to say it was around four cycles before they were predictable and probably 6-8 before they were consistent. Good luck!

Thank you so much for this feedback! It's been messing with my head just wondering when my period would arrive; but it's great to know that it is probably just my body taking some time to readjust to it's natural balance - thank you ever so much for sharing your experience! Hugely appreciated :happydance: Hope you have a wonderful day!

I would say test to be on the safe side, but it is probably just your body getting used to going back to normal. I had a few times like that when I switched from the pill to the Nuva ring and when I got off of BC all together. It is actually common to have very light bleeding right after dropping the BC. If you do not get a bfp you might want to start tracking your cycles. My days is a free and very good app that helps with that. It helped me see when my cycles had finally gone to my new normal. I want to say it was around four cycles before they were predictable and probably 6-8 before they were consistent. Good luck!

Happy to help I remember how crazy I got when I went off BC. Several weeks of worrying. Don't be afraid to take a test though. Pregnancy can feel very similar to the adjustment you are going through from what I have seen. Some girls are pregnant and some are just adjusting.

Remember that your body is used to being told when to do things. Most BC keeps you from ovulating. So your body has to figure out how to run on it's own.

I would still test every two weeks or so and keep track of how long it's been. You may ovulate before your next period.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->