18 month development check today....

lilmissdanni

Reaction score
And he's been reffered to speech and language (messy talk by us is referrals only) and to the community pediatrician over his feet and walking. Just had a bit of a cry whilst telling OH but I'm glad that ppl are finally taking me seriously.

On the other hand, his motor skills are vastly ahead (lo picked a 5p up off my wooden floor using thumb and finger whilst she was there) and she said I have an extremely clever little boy for being able to find an effective way of communicating his wants with me non verbally the way he does.

So mixed development check really...but nothing that's come as a big shock really.

aww hun im dreading our 18 month check lilly is really great at talking bit shes still not walking and really over weight :( which is being delt with hope your feeling ok xxx

I have mine in a few weeks. Would you mind telling me what they asked/did with your lo?

Mine was quite specific based on stuff that he had been behind on on his previous check.

They check, eyes, hearing, meant to check weight and height etc but mine didn't. Ask about diet, sleep etc. My los was 55 mins long so she could observe him playing whilst chatting to me about the concerns I had.

I'm not actually too sure what else they are meant to cover I'm afraid lol

my son is 18 months old and he isnt walking yet. He is pulling himself up to standing and will walk with us if we hold his hands he just isnt doing it on his own. He also isnt talking but he does understand a lot when you ask him to do things.
He know where his eyes, nose, toes, head, hair ect is.

Health visitor has referred him to a physiotherapist as he isnt walking yet. Its hard not to be worried.

Aww Im glad things are being done for you and its now in the right hands to help as much as possible.

I haven't had a letter or anything about a 18m check, does everyone get one? should I ring and book one?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->